Reporting to the President of SRI, the VP & Head of SRI Ventures, will oversee SRI’s respected internal incubator and will oversee creating, developing, investing and launching new ventures based on technology derived from SRI. He/She will be highly creative and entrepreneurial, and work closely with SRI inventors and business development teams, to help create and build new venture and license opportunities.
The ideal candidate will manage internal investments, drive due diligence and valuation analysis, spearhead term sheet and contract negotiations, create and present strategic documents and make the go/no go recommendation for direct investment, if any, by SRI.
SRI Ventures is an incubator that focuses on transitioning SRI technology to the marketplace via the creation of high-value startups. In addition to incubation, SRI Ventures also invests directly in the startups. Please see: https://ventures.sri.com/ for more details.
Additionally, s/he will:
- -Take board positions in SRI startups
- -Assist in recruiting entrepreneurs
- -Represent SRI at conferences and events
- -Possesses entrepreneurial talent to create, develop, and execute on new venture and license opportunities based on deep technology
- -10 or more years of experience in venture capital or in an executive operational role of a successful startup
- -Bachelors degree in Engineering
- -Advanced Engineering degree strongly preferred
- -MBA preferred or equivalent experience
- -Active US security clearance
- -Track record of identifying, developing and capturing business opportunities with commercial clients
- -Strong people management skills including proven ability to engage and develop staff
- -Leadership ability to organize and drive opportunities to success
- -Excellent operational skills, including developing and managing budgets
- -Outstanding creativity, drive, and focus
- -Displays strong business acumen and leadership
- -Outstanding personal networks of venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, and business leaders
- -Excellent presentation skills and relationship-building skills
- -Able to work in a highly collaborative environment
- -Determined and prepared to put in the energy required to “make it happen”
- -Known for confidence and gravitas
- -Entrepreneurial and driven to win
If interested, please apply here.