NextEquity Partners makes mid-stage growth investments, with a value lens, in private consumer and enterprise technology companies. Founded in 2015, NextEquity is led by senior executives from Apple and Elevation Partners who have been investing together for over 11 years in leading companies such as Airbnb, Sonos, Ring, The RealReal, MasterClass, MarketShare, Venafi, Arctic Wolf, and SentinelOne.We’re hiring a principal who wants to help build and grow with the firm over the long term with significant potential upside.
The principal’s responsibilities include:
(1) Serving as team lead on the research, analysis, and diligence process for investments
(2) Meeting with company executives to learn about their businesses
(3) Overseeing the building of financial models and analysis of company metrics by a team of associates (many times building your own financial models and analysis)
(4) Putting together investment materials and presenting materials to the firm
(5) Tracking the performance of portfolio companies and occasionally helping portfolio companies with specific projects and/or serving as a board observer
(6) Managing and helping develop the career of a to-be-hired team of associates
(7) Building industry relationships to source deals; represent the firm in a positive light
4-9 years of professional work experience, including significant finance experience (e.g. investment banking, corp dev at a tech company, mid-late stage venture and/or private equity). Prior mid-late stage investing experience preferred but not required.
We’re looking for someone with a strong work ethic (willing to work long hours in periods of busy deal flow), a passion for technology and investing, and an entrepreneurial drive to build a leading investment firm over the long term.
Bay Area, California
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and the link of your Linkedin profile to firstname.lastname@example.org