HPE Ventures is seeking an Investment Principal to support MDs on investment efforts, and sourcing/leading his/her own investments. The Principal will be expected to source a growing number of investment opportunities and formulating proactive investment theses on areas of interest including but not limited to storage, cyber security, artificial intelligence, and enterprise solutions.
- Quarterbacking all stages of an investment including diligence, market analysis, and development of investment themes, and deal negotiation
- Proactively source potential deals for the firm
- Proactively work with the management and board of portfolio companies (in a board observer capacity) to execute growth and operational improvement strategies
- Develop an “informed perspective”, including managing and building brand and relationships with: VC firms, startup accelerators, founders, and other members of the venture ecosystem
- Enhance the professional development of Associates on the team
- 5-7 years of experience in a field related to our areas of investment, consulting/banking or experience in VC
- 3-4 years of direct investing experience at a venture firm or corporate venture group
- Strong understanding of technical sectors
- MBA or other advanced degree from a top-tier graduate program
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast paced environment with multiple teams and functions and across multiple projects
- Ability to coach more junior team members on the end to end deal process
If interested, please apply here.