Founded in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as “a16z”) is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California, that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to late-stage technology companies, across the consumer, enterprise, bio/healthcare, crypto, and fintech spaces. a16z has $28.2B in assets under management across multiple funds, including the $2.9B Bio funds, the $3.1B Crypto funds, and the Cultural Leadership Fund.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the entrepreneurial company building process. We’ve invested in health companies like Apeel, Akasa, Cedar, Devoted, Headway and Komodo. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping entrepreneurs and their companies impact and change the world.
The a16z Growth Fund, which manages more than $10 billion in assets, invests in Health companies at the intersection of computer science and health care delivery, operations and finance. We are seeking an deal partner to help support the fund’s Health investing efforts. We work collaboratively with our colleagues on the a16z Bio+Health Fund, which is an early-stage vehicle focusing on the same Health-related companies.
To Join Our Team, You Should Be Excited To
- Develop a sharp investment point of view on categories and companies. Why would we invest in a company? What creates the opportunity for an outsize return in a space? What market technology trends are creating disruptions and therefore investing opportunities? The output here will be the development of market maps and targeted outreach to potential investment opportunities, both within the portfolio and sourced independently.
- Lead comprehensive diligence on investment opportunities, including technical, operational and financial diligence. They will provide a comprehensive view of the company’s people, products, technologies, go-to-market plan, competitive position, and anything else relevant to making an investment decision.
- Make investment recommendations to the fund’s general partners and engage post-investment in the ongoing management and monitoring of the investment.
- Work directly with a Health Deal Partner to help ensure the appropriate breadth of coverage and industry expertise.
- Familiarity with the nuances of the technology investment industry
- 1-2+ years of experience with financial modeling, diligence, valuation work, supporting/making investment recommendations
- Desire to be part of a fast-growing team with the creativity to think out-of-the-box and lean into exiting, but (in many cases) as yet unproven investment opportunities. Must be able to work cross-functionally and collaboratively with our early-stage partners, with an ability to self-manage in an unstructured environment
- Genuine intellectual curiosity, the ability to learn new facts and concepts quickly and comprehensively, then explain those facts & concepts to other people succinctly
- Ability to synthesize complex information, form a sharp point of view, and communicate it clearly and succinctly to different audiences
- Desire and proven ability to learn new domains and technologies quickly
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
If interested, please apply here.