Point72 Ventures is a global venture capital firm led by a diverse set of domain experts with the capital to lead rounds through all stages of company growth. We invest primarily in Fintech, AI/ML, and Enterprise technologies. As an independent arm of Point72, the global asset management firm led by Steven Cohen, Point72 Ventures offers well-informed insights into the global economy. Point72 Ventures has offices in New York City, Palo Alto, San Francisco, and Stamford, Connecticut.
About Our AI/ML Team
Our mission is to build the best model-driven businesses. To do this, we make investments in industries where machine learning can be the most transformative. Beyond our initial investments, we give our portfolio companies a meaningful edge by helping them acquire and integrate incumbent businesses in order to enable such transformation. Essential to this approach is our Foundry team of experienced product managers, engineers, data scientists, and other specialists who take an active role to help portfolio companies execute on transformation initiatives while supporting our investment team with industry research and due diligence.
About This Role
We’re looking for a motivated product leader to spearhead the efforts of our cross-functional team to drive transformational change in our portfolio companies. As our Product Lead, you will be responsible for learning about different industries where want to invest, leading structured opportunity and customer discovery, building deep expertise on workflows and pain points, and envisioning how the industry should operate in their future model-driven state. You’ll partner with our investment team to deeply understand our investment hypotheses and business goals. Post-investment, you’ll spend time at portfolio companies deeply understanding the opportunities for automation and working with the leadership team to build a clear product roadmap with measurable deliverables.
- Lead customer and opportunity discovery in new industries with a focus on where AI/ML can be transformative
- Drive the product vision and roadmap both pre- and post-investment
- Define and prioritize requirements, design experiments, and bring this technology to market consistently and effectively to realize the potential AI/ML has to bring massive improvements to the industries we invest in
- Run the product development process to enable the cross-functional team to rapidly design, develop, deploy, and iterate features and product to execute on the roadmap
- Relentlessly champion the customer and users of our portfolio company’s products and services
- Partner with P72V’s internal product and engineering team as well as the members of the portfolio company to inspire, execute, iterate, and facilitate collaboration to unlock creativity and continually drive alignment
- 3+ years of experience in product management. Experience in another role (e.g. software engineering, sales, operations, consulting, etc.) and growth in role or scope a plus!
- Demonstrated experience delighting customers and bringing innovative products to market
- Experience in product management for AI/ML products or an interest in product for AI/ML
- Data and engineering proficiency, whether from a degree, an engineering background, or working alongside a technical team. Engineers love working with you.
- Basic understanding of finance and how product changes can impact the margins/finance of a business
- Action-oriented, constantly unblocking, problem-solving, and pushing for delivery
- Startup experience or similar
- A meaningful track record of success working within a team