The ideal candidate will manage internal investments, drive due diligence and valuation analysis, spearhead term sheet and contract negotiations, create and present strategic documents and make the go/no go recommendation for direct investment, if any, by SRI.
SRI Ventures is an incubator that focuses on transitioning SRI technology to the marketplace via the creation of high-value startups. In addition to incubation, SRI Ventures also invests directly in the startups. Please see: https://ventures.sri.com/ for more details.
Additionally, s/he will:
- -Take board positions in SRI startups
- -Assist in recruiting entrepreneurs
- -Represent SRI at conferences and events
- -Possesses entrepreneurial talent to create, develop, and execute on new venture and license opportunities based on deep technology
- -10 or more years of experience in venture capital or in an executive operational role of a successful startup
- -Advanced Engineering degree strongly preferred
- -Masters or Ph.D. in Engineering or Medicine
- -MBA or equivalent experience
- -Track record of identifying, developing and capturing business opportunities with commercial clients
- -Strong people management skills including proven ability to engage and develop staff
- -Leadership ability to organize and drive opportunities to success
- -Excellent operational skills, including developing and managing budgets
- -Outstanding creativity, drive, and focus
- -Displays strong business acumen and leadership
- -Outstanding personal networks of venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, and business leaders
- -Excellent presentation skills and relationship-building skills
- -Able to work in a highly collaborative environment
- -Determined and prepared to put in the energy required to “make it happen”
- -Known for confidence and gravitas
- -Entrepreneurial and driven to win
If interested, please apply here.