Our team advises our CEO, CFO and executive leadership on driving strategy and evaluating, assessing, & prioritizing investments across the company. Our mission is to help VMware identify and invest in the right opportunities, with deliberate thought and a committed focus on capital allocation, investment prioritization and value creation.
We Seek To Accomplish This Mission Through
- Activities that impact today: annual strategy planning, long-range planning, portfolio prioritization and assessment
- Activities that impact tomorrow: business strategy, organic investments in long-term bets, M&A and strategic partnerships
We value strategic thinking and empower our employees to do their best work and grow their careers at VMware.
We are searching for a talented, dynamic individual to be part of the VMware Investment Strategy team in Palo Alto, CA. The successful candidate will provide thought leadership and drive strategy projects to support the top company priorities. The candidate should have ability to manage relationships across multiple business groups and obtain alignment.
- Lead projects or major workstreams focused on VMware’s strategy, capital allocation, invest prioritization or key corporate priorities.
- Structure and solve business problems by collaborating with key internal stakeholders across the company.
- Develop detailed quantitative analysis to support findings and recommendations.
- Communicate findings and recommendations to senior management concisely.
- Handle several high-priority projects/workstreams concurrently.
- Provide leadership and coaching to Investment Strategy Team.
- 7+ years post-MBA at a top-tier management consulting firm, corporate strategy, investment bank / private equity / venture capital firm, business development or corporate development, or other relevant work experience.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated success in establishing relationship with Executive leadership.
- Recent experience with strategy, portfolio planning, M&A and strategic finance.
- Experienced in leading teams.
- BA/BS and MBA required.
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Category : Finance
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-04-16
If interested, please apply here.