TriplePoint Capital is an industry leading global investment platform providing customized debt financing, leasing, and direct equity to venture capital-backed companies in technology & other high growth industries at every stage of their development with unparalleled levels of creativity, flexibility, and service.
The Portfolio Valuation, Monitoring and Analytics (VMA) group is seeking an Associate to join an exciting and growing functional area within TriplePoint Capital. The position is well suited to an experienced valuation professional seeking an opportunity to work with a portfolio of leading-edge private companies backed by premier venture capital firms. The portfolio companies are rapidly growing and require experience-based, complex financial models to evaluate credit, equity, and warrant investments on a regular basis. The VMA group interacts with all functional areas within TriplePoint including the Deal Teams, Executive Management, Finance, and Legal, as well as all public and private investment vehicles. The Associate position plays a vital role in fulfilling the VMA Group’s responsibilities and selected projects supporting longer range initiatives.
Some of the responsibilities for the position include:
- Experience and knowledge valuing loans, equity and warrant investments held in private, venture capital backed portfolio companies
- Expert level modeling to support valuation of investments and ability to apply appropriate valuation methodologies
- Apply credit analysis to evaluate liquidity and performance metrics at the portfolio company level
- Perform quarterly discount rate adjustment analysis for internal loan valuations
- Participate in the Quarterly Portfolio Reviews that establish credit and risk ratings for portfolio companies
- Prepare Board level deliverables that analyze and report portfolio performance on a quarterly basis
- Work with senior management on special projects
- 5+ years’ of hands-on valuations experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- Advance financial modeling and analytical abilities
- Articulate, concise, and effective communicator
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- CFA or CFA track, a plus
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
Desired Skills and Experience
- venture lending
If interested, please apply here.