Impact Experience (IE) builds lasting relationships between investors, philanthropists, innovators, entrepreneurs and community leaders — linking vision with action and directing investment to solve society’s greatest challenges. Impact Experience has a unique approach to addressing the very critical issues of structural racism and incorporates a variety of powerful tools to tackle prejudice by confronting and engaging with the historical and ongoing realities of inequality and racial justice. We apply insights from and combine elements of the disciplines of systems transformation and organizational development, design thinking, and somatic psychology and experiential learning curricula that builds bridges not only between organizations but between people. In doing so, we increase awareness about the persistent nature of structural racism and the imperative to overcome it. Impact Experience is led by Jenna Nicholas who has a background working with leading impact investors and foundations through her work with the Calvert Funds, the World Bank and building a coalition of foundations divesting from fossil fuels and investing in new economy solutions.
Summary of the Role
This is a special opportunity for an individual with an interest in impact investing and community-based change.
The Impact Experience Institute Associate will play a pivotal role in shaping the growth and impact of our fast-growing, impact-oriented organization dedicated to the promise of a more equitable, sustainable, and prosperous world. Candidates should have a strong interest in the impact investing industry and a passion for building innovative solutions that create both financial value and meaningful social and environmental impact. The ideal candidate is detail oriented and can help support ongoing virtual experience programming. Impact Experience has partnered with lead impact funders – both investors and philanthropists – and community leaders. This role provides the opportunity to spark critical dialogue and co-creation of solutions that bring hope and opportunity to issues, places, and people that have historically been overlooked. You will have the opportunity to work directly with the CEO, Advisory Board and Partners of Impact Experience.
The individual in this role must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing environment, executing quickly on a range of responsibilities. The ideal candidate has a curious, optimistic and compassionate mindset, an entrepreneurial and resourceful approach to problem-solving, a passion for social impact, and a spirit of humility in engaging with all stakeholders.
Specific responsibilities include:
o Managing the ongoing implementation of products over time
- Supporting on the planning, implementation and follow up of our virtual convenings
- Collaborating with team on strategy for proposals
o Performing research and analysis including literature reviews, summaries of findings, participation in expert interviews, etc.
- Developing client materials including proposals, presentations and reports
- Working in collaboration with the rest of the team to deliver Impact Experiences
- Report to CEO of Impact Experience
Skills and Qualifications:
- Thrives in entrepreneurial environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization and to the larger community
- High attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Knowledge of impact investing, climate justice, health equity and/or philanthropy preferred
- Some background in racial justice, diversity, equity and inclusion work preferred
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative
- Facilitation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Comfort working with a virtual team
- Candidate would ideally have some consulting experience
- Minimum 3 years of work experience, no maximum – we welcome seasoned professionals too!
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
Competitive pay commensurate with experience
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org