The worldwide automobile industry is facing an era of rapid change arising from the emergence of new technologies and new business opportunities. Hyundai is at the forefront of this change! Hyundai Motor Group (HMG) has established a new strategic organization for innovation focusing on AI, future mobility solutions, new energy solutions (EV, hydrogen and beyond, for automotive and other applications), robotics, smart cities, corporate venture capital (CRADLE) and advanced automotive technologies. This organization is creating business strategies, conducting strategic venture investments, partnering with other companies on new ventures, pursuing open innovation, and developing plans to launch future businesses in these emerging segments.
Hyundai CRADLE (Center for Robotic-Augmented Design in Living Experience) is HMG’s corporate venturing and open innovation center to develop advanced future automotive technologies and businesses, and is leveraging its Asia, Silicon Valley, Israel and European based offices. To date, Hyundai CRADLE has made strategic investments in nearly 30 companies.
Hyundai America Technical Center Inc. (HATC) is looking for a CVC Investment Associate with business or investment experience to join the Hyundai CRADLE Investment Group in Menlo Park, CA.
The CRADLE Investment Group is looking to add talented team members who are eager to learn more about future automotive, mobility, and other key strategic areas for Hyundai Motor Company (HMC). You have experience working in strategy, investments and / or startups. You will be part of the team making strategic investments into promising startups and working in collaboration with our colleagues across the company.
- Supports Investment Group throughout the strategic investment process:
- Actively sources new deals for the team by attending industry events, meeting startups, and/or leveraging tech and investor networks
- Can quickly provide relevant research materials to the team
- Conducts due diligence of investment targets
- Due diligence could include product-market fit and competitiveness, business (revenue) model, valuation, potential co-investors, business risks, strategic fit, and post-investment development plan
- Collaborates with colleagues to write reports for investments and other related opportunities
- Monitors designated portfolio companies post-investment and writes update reports to communicate with internal stakeholders
- Creates and presents business analysis reports about market trends or new strategic opportunities for Hyundai
- Must be intellectually curious, able to digest lots of new information quickly and formulate and iterate on a point of view
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and be able to represent Hyundai CRADLE professionally
- Must have prior experience working in teams and be a team player, but also individually motivated to work hard and get things done in a timely manner
- Must have a growth mindset, can quickly adapt to changes, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Travel 20% domestic and international
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Science, Design, or Economics
- 2 years of experience in venture capital (VC), corporate venture capital (CVC), investment banking (IB), management consulting, or in a business analyst role at a tech company or startup
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Candidates applying for positions with Hyundai Kia must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- HATCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor
If interested, please apply here.