We are an organization dedicated to creating pathways to opportunity so people can live to their full potential. We center our work on education, immigration reform, the environment, health, with justice as our goal. We use a wide range of tools and strategies — partnering with entrepreneurs and experts, makers and policymakers, advocates, and creatives — to build and execute innovative solutions that will spur change and promote equality.
In order to address national and global-scale problems, we employ a wide range of tools and strategies. We believe that a combination of Philanthropy and Venture Capital can support the greatest leaps of innovation. This model allows us to deploy resources in the most flexible way for the greatest impact.
The Emerson Collective Health Team invests in companies that are building the future of biotechnology and healthcare. We work closely with academic and industry partners to research healthcare markets and develop a perspective on the industry. Our companies bridge science with medicine to improve patient outcomes and experiences, with a particular emphasis on oncology in our portfolio. We are currently seeking an Associate to add to our Digital Health team to invest in cutting-edge healthcare technology and healthcare services companies at the Series A to Series C stage.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Perform due diligence on investment prospects, including business, financial, and impact diligence. Communicate findings in a clear, concise manner.
- Prepare in-depth industry sector analysis to guide our investment strategy, including thesis creation, market maps, industry research, and network building through pro-actively meeting with promising entrepreneurs and cultivating relationships across the startup ecosystem.
- Present analyses and recommendations through preparation of diligence decks, verbal presentations, and investment memos.
- Support our current portfolio companies post-investment through a wide range of initiatives, including executive hiring, business development, DE&I, and fundraising support.
- Engage with the broader EC and venture capital networks to facilitate collaboration opportunities, build relationships, and promote impact at scale.
Qualifications, Skills, And Requirements
- You have 2-6 years of relevant work experience in venture capital, investment banking, management consulting, startups, or healthcare. Prior analytical experience is required, but no prior investing experience is required. Some prior exposure to the healthcare sector is preferred.
- You are passionate about making an impact by driving change in the healthcare system.
- You produce thorough and concise quantitative and qualitative analyses to form opinions about companies. You are comfortable building accurate financial models and valuing companies.
- You enjoy learning new things and having novel experiences as part of your work life.
- You work well in entrepreneurial, self-driven environments. You are comfortable taking on new tasks or projects with little direction and adjusting course quickly in response to feedback.
- You are a collaborative team player with high integrity and work ethic
- You invite different perspectives into your work and have a commitment to improving yourself and others by seeking and delivering specific performance feedback
Emerson Collective is a Bay Area-based organization with offices in Chicago, New York, Oakland, Palo Alto and Washington, D.C. The position is based in San Francisco, CA.
The salary for this role is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. Emerson Collective offers excellent organizational benefits.
Building a diverse and inclusive workforce is key to our mission and values as we strive to create systemic change and open possibilities for all of the communities we serve. To that end, we provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
IF interested, please apply here.