We are looking for a pre-MBA Associate who has an incredible drive to assist in the investment process from end-to-end. Primary responsibilities will be helping identify new investment opportunities through researchdriven sourcing, researching markets and sector trends, evaluating deals, and conducting detailed business and financial due diligence. The individual will work across all four of our primary industry verticals – consumer enablement, financial services/insurance, health/wellness, and industrial/transportation. The role requires maturity, flexibility, intellectual curiosity, and a proven track record of taking ideas and quickly turning them into action.
BASIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop market research and investment theses to guide sourcing efforts.
• Source new investment opportunities based on investment themes and research.
Deal screening and evaluation
• Evaluate and assess the viability of investment materials we receive from potential companies.
• Lead key pieces of diligence on investment opportunities and deal processes (e.g., audit, tax, legal, financial modeling, etc.).
Building company value
• Deliver high-touch support to our portfolio companies across a number of operating areas.
• Utilize the firm’s and BCG’s networks to connect companies with highest value customer targets.
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Passion for disruptive technology.
• 1-3+ years of relevant work experience strongly preferred (e.g., top-tier consulting firm, investment bank, operating experience either at a technology company or early-stage, venture funded business, or equivalent)
• Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills. • Prior VC/PE investing experience not required, but a plus.
The ideal candidate has strong analytical abilities and is intellectually curious – particularly in terms of new and emerging technologies.
• Awareness of the market and a perspective on potential investable market trends.
• Experience distilling ideas and insights into clean, digestible formats (e.g., slides, documents) required.
• Experience with detailed financial modeling including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements as well as quantitative market research (e.g. valuation comps) required.
• Exposure to core venture capital “math” skills (e.g., cap table, returns modeling) and familiarity with standard venture terms and concepts a plus.
• Entrepreneurial spirit to help us shape new portfolio investments and our own company. • Exceptional interpersonal skills, business judgment and work ethic.
For those interested in the position, please submit your Cover Letter and CV (in pdf or Word) to firstname.lastname@example.org.