At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you! Join us!
The Strategic Transactions Analyst will be responsible for supporting Merger & Acquisition and Venture Capital strategic assessments at Lockheed Martin Space. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: development of strategic rationale and business cases for Mergers & Acquisitions (including Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances), technology assessments and investment thesis for Lockheed Martin Ventures (LMV) investments, and Strategic Development Agreements and alternative business case development for the organization.
- Support the identification, evaluation, and execution of acquisitions, space-related venture transactions, strategic teaming, joint venture opportunities, and unsolicited offers
- Work closely with the Corporate Development and Corporate Strategy, Treasury, Legal and Accounting to evaluate opportunities, prepare review materials, and gain senior executive level approvals to proceed with transactions
- Work closely with the Space Finance and Business Operations to bring forth opportunities that align with Space goals to grow customer and shareholder value
- Support due diligence and integration management
- Partner closely with the executive team across all channels of the Space enterprise to develop and evaluate targeted opportunities and secure revenue and cost synergy commitments
- Conduct research and analysis in support of the initial screening of M&A candidate companies
- Develop strategic frameworks to analyze and identify value-creating growth
- Meet tight deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Support transaction execution and related strategic exercises, be able to work independently, as part of a small core team, and as a subject matter expert supporting the broader Space organization.
Typically has a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 6 years of professional experience; or 4 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
Here Are Some Of Our Many Benefits Available To You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
If interested, please apply here.