Samsung Catalyst Fund is a $500mm evergreen multi-stage venture capital fund that invests globally in innovative technology startups, on behalf of Samsung’s mobile, device solutions and consumer electronics groups. The fund focuses in the areas of AI, fintech, robotics, cloud infrastructure, digital health and device solutions, often in Series A/B rounds. https://samsungcatalyst.com/.
The group is headquartered in Menlo Park, with additional offices in New York City, Tel Aviv, Berlin, Paris and Seoul.
The Strategy and New Business Development Associate will provide analytical horsepower to support industry analysis, new business development, and other strategic projects. Job responsibilities include:
- Help to execute ongoing strategic initiatives that include managing deal flow, running competitions/challenges, and interacting with marketing team.
- Conduct industry/market/competitive analysis for emerging industries and markets.
- Build business cases and write business plans for new technology/product initiatives.
- Perform due diligence to support strategic projects.
- Build relationships with entrepreneurs and monitor startups in key industry sectors.
- Help to prepare communications and recommendations to senior corporate management.
- Strong academic record from a leading undergraduate institution, with a BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or other applicable discipline.
- 2-4 years experience in a Management Consulting, Investment Banking or Venture Capital role focused on Technology sectors (semiconductor, systems and/or software).
- Experience in analyzing industry and market segments, building market models, and analyzing/writing business plans for new technologies/products.
- Some project/program management experience preferred.
- Ability to articulate and advocate business value propositions for new markets and products.
- Excellent interpersonal and strong presentation skills.
- Entrepreneurial drive and self-confidence to excel in a high impact, highly dynamic, and geographically dispersed team environment.
- High ethical standards.
- Must be team player.
- Some travel will be required.
If interested, please apply here.