When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $350 billion, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $450 billion by 2025. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB’s important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
We are currently hiring a Senior Associate for the Venture Capital Funds team which sits within the Private Equity Department. The Funds group broadly manages more than $60 billion in carrying value and unfunded commitments, and maintains relationships globally with more than 85 general partners, focused on the pursuit of investments that will generate outsized returns.
The Venture Capital Funds program is a newly launched initiative focused on increasing CPPIB’s exposure to the venture capital (“VC”) asset class. You will join a small team as one of its first hires and will be responsible for building CPPIB’s position within the VC ecosystem. The team will be responsible for originating, executing and managing fund commitments and direct co-investments across the VC market. In addition, there will be a strong relationship management component to the position with the successful candidate sharing responsibility for future VC firm partnerships.
Lastly, you will play a role in identifying organizational knowledge objectives, developing a process of capturing information gathered from the managed VC relationships and working collaboratively with other groups at CPPIB to disseminate the information internally. The position will be based in San Francisco, with travel inside and outside the Bay Area expected.
- In the role, you will work with deal teams to:
- Analyze potential VC fund commitments
- Analyze potential direct equity co-investments alongside VC firms
- Conduct research and due diligence on potential opportunities
- Build models to assist in opportunity evaluation
- Actively participate in the investment process and investment committee discussions
- Collaborate with other groups at CPPIB around knowledge sharing
- Develop relationships with VC firms, intermediaries and other ecosystem participants in connection with origination, due diligence and post-investment monitoring
A particular focus is placed on helping investment professionals develop a well-rounded set of skills as an investor and leader with (i) a strong understanding of the deal process from origination through to wind-down and (ii) the ability to participate in our broader team discussions and decision making.
- Consider applying if you have:
- 6-8 years related work experience (e.g. investment banking, consulting, private equity, venture capital, business development, entrepreneurship, technology, etc.)
- Passion for investing and/or solving complex business problems
- Excellent research, modeling, and analytical skills
- Great communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- A creative mindset towards unstructured challenges
- A team-oriented attitude
- The willingness to complete a significant amount of business travel (25-50% time)
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on Linkedin.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
If interested, please apply here.