RapidSOS is hiring.
- Challenge: Most emergencies globally are managed via 1960s analog tech (10,000+ fatalities in the US annually when 911 callers can’t even be located) – See John Oliver on the challenge
- Markets: $100B+ spent annually to have data verbally relayed to 911/first responders via private call centers (ADT, OnStar, LifeAlert, etc.)
- Customers/Partners: Apple, Google, Uber, Waze, Microsoft, etc.
- Tech: Integrated into 10k+ public safety software systems – RapidSOS provides a mission-critical voice & data platform for 250M Americans
- Media: 1,500 news stories in 2018 including most major outlets (Apple Press Release, TechCrunch WSJ, CBS, Today Show, NYT, WIRED, Time, Fortune, Forbes 30U30, etc.)
- Team: MIT, Harvard, Yale, Wharton, Google, Oracle, Microsoft, Argonne & Oak Ridge National Labs, Bell Labs, venture capital, over 40 tech start-ups
- Investors: $70M of capital raised from preeminent global investors including several top VCs, Microsoft, and former leadership of Apple, AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Lucent, Raytheon, and three former FCC Chairmen
- Video: RapidSOS 3-Min Summary Video
What You’ll Do If Chosen For This Role
- Prospect, discover and research strategic targets who directly communicate with Emergency Services or companies with consumer-facing applications where direct to 9-1-1 could be a core differentiator.
- Following established processes, gain introductory meetings where you’ll make the status quo unsafe by discussing key trends, sharing valuable insights and asking valuable questions. Why? For the ultimate goal of leading your prospect towards our solution (not lead with our solution)
- Maximize the value of discovery by fully understanding the prospect’s situation and help them identify the reason to act now versus later.
- Gain the commitment to collaborate and build consensus with your potential client’s team, while leveraging RapidSOS resources and APIs to develop a solution that’s meaningful and aligned with the prospect’s outcomes.
- Guide prospect through iterations of product designs, while moving the opportunity forward through initial investment discussions, review sessions and resolving concerns throughout.
- Generate client proposals, action plans, and opportunity strategies that not only help the prospective client sell our solution internally to them; but identifies potential roadblocks.
- Negotiate and agree to terms, summarize agreements and gain commitment to decide and close the deal.
- Be accountable for the solution and continually own the outcomes you sold the client.
Key Performance Indicators
- Achievement of sales, profit, and strategic initiatives for the sales organization.
- Adoption of sales methodology and accountability towards executing on the sales process.
- Discipline to prospect for quality over quantity opportunities.
- Collaborative, team-oriented and others focused.
What We Offer
- The chance to work with a passionate team on solving one of the largest challenges
- Competitive salary and benefits and equity participation
- Dynamic, flexible and fun start-up work environment with a highly talented team
What We’d Like To See In Our Ideal Candidate
- Sales Experience
- Previous experience in value-based sales, or outcomes-driven sales process is desired, but not required; the willingness to learn is required.
- Solid business acumen to ask meaningful questions; persuade prospects of costs, risks and consequences of inaction; contrast the current situation with threats and opportunities facing their business; discuss industry issues at the
- C-Suite level.
- Skilled in detecting and reducing perceived risk due to innovative nature and status-quo challenging solutions.
- Strong preference for understanding the primary difference between typical sales, and complex value-based selling.
- Ability to operate independently without daily oversight and weekly goals towards a yearly goal.
- Experience working in a remote sales role while craving teamwork and collaboration.
- Right Mindset: Live in the learning lane, crave collaboration, embrace the speed of change, and get close to the customer.
- Serves Others: We trade in the currency of trust. We deliver value at every step. When we show up as the best version of who we are, we get to meet people for where they are.
- People Love You: People buy from you. People do business with you. You are the company. You are the brand.
- Culture fit into our team and organization, and aligns with the three-team Values:
- Not afraid to fail nor admit failure.
- Embraces culture where failure IS an option, while success is our goal.
If interested, please apply here.