IA Capital Group (www.iacapgroup.com) is a New York-based investment firm focusing on early and growth stage investments in fintech and insurtech companies with a two-decade-long venture capital track record. Since its founding, IA Capital has invested over $600 million through its venture capital funds, investment vehicles and direct company investments. The firm currently invests on behalf of 20 leading insurance companies and other institutional investors.
Full-Time Summer Intern
As a member of a small team, a summer analyst at IA Capital is expected to handle a wide range of responsibilities to support the investment team’s activities. These responsibilities will include tasks in connection with all aspects of the investment process, direct portfolio support, performance tracking and reporting, fundraising, industry analysis, new business opportunities as well as all general administrative services.
Location is expected to be remote indefinitely, but HQ/office is in NYC.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assess the investment landscape for fintech and insurtech. This includes determining the performance parameters for products addressing the sector, market size, technology trends, business model innovation, competitive landscape, and investment opportunities
- Provide support of IA Capital’s investment team in research and due diligence materials for potential investments
- Performance and KPI tracking for IA Capital portfolio companies
- Attending industry-related networking events and meeting with entrepreneurs/investors in the industry
- Supporting operational/administrative activities of the firm
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate program
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in venture capital/private equity or related field
- Demonstrated passion for startups/entrepreneurships
- Understanding for key financial statements and basic financial modeling
- Strong Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- US work authorization is required
To apply, please email email@example.com with the following:
- Application Prompt
- At IA Capital, we invest in insurance technology, insurance services, payments, retirement, asset management, and related fintech/insurtech companies. Please pick one of the sectors of interest and share why you are most excited about the direction of the space and a company you are most excited about. Please keep your responses to half a page or less.