Our Internship Program is a paid 10-week learning experience where you will be immersed in the daily environment of a thriving Fortune 250 global financial services company.
You will gain invaluable industry and organizational knowledge through daily business interactions and job assignments, in addition to engaging in projects that directly affect our business, interact with senior leaders in conversational settings, and network with employees and interns across our regional offices.
About Guardian Strategic Ventures:
Guardian Strategic Ventures (GSV) is the corporate venture capital arm of Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest mutual life insurance companies in the United States. Guardian Life provides life, disability and dental insurance as well as employee benefits and 401(k) plans. GSV’s purpose is to invest in innovative technologies that will further the business’ objectives, which includes themes in automation, data and artificial intelligence.
The intern role at GSV is based at Guardian Life’s home office in NYC. The intern will have the opportunity to engage in venture capital fundamentals, including understanding the market landscape and prospecting investments based on both qualitative and quantitative analyses with a focus on the strategic relevance of the company. The intern will support team efforts including but not limited to sourcing deals, due diligence efforts, portfolio management and other operational initiatives.
- Provide support to deal origination efforts, including market research, competitive analysis and financial modeling
- Perform company analysis and company due diligence
- Research, identify, and source new deal flow based on investment mandate
- Prepare meetings with prospective start-ups that are relevant to the business
- Actively screen, analyze, and help execute portfolio companies
- Prepares pitch books, presentations, and other materials
- Participate in reporting of current and/or prospective strategic investments
- Meet with management teams and industry experts to source new ideas
Desired Skills and Experience
- Currently a student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field and in good academic standing
- Some relevant work experience
- Experience managing complex projects and/or timelines
- Passionate about innovation and technology trends and disrupting the status quo
- Strong knowledge of venture capital, investment banking, or related
- Self-starter, strong communication skills (verbal and written), hardworking team player
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Commitment of at least 15-20 hours per week
If interested, please apply here.