Gore Range Capital is seeking an Associate to join its team for Summer 2019. Gore Range is a NYC-based VC firm investing in early-stage healthcare companies with a focus in skin health, cardiology, cancer, and related IT, devices, and diagnostics.
The ideal candidate will be enrolled in a full-time MBA program and has previous experience working in healthcare and/or private equity or venture capital. Candidates should have a strong interest in learning about the venture capital industry and a passion for early-stage healthcare companies. The Summer Associate will gain exposure to key areas of venture capital including financial analysis, sector due diligence, deal execution, portfolio support, and fund operations.
The Summer Associate will also work closely with Gore Range staff, who will serve as mentors throughout the summer.
● Review and analyze pitch decks and meet with entrepreneurs
● Deliver high quality analytical insights on healthcare companies, technologies, and the
sector on a macro and micro level; provide input to investment team members
● Assist in deal diligence and execution under mentorship of investment team members
● Contribute to thought leadership and developing perspectives on healthcare subsectors
● Support the team in day-to-day fund operations, including preparing for annual investors meeting
● Currently pursuing an MBA
● Interest in early stage biopharma, medtech, and healthcare IT
● Preferably 2+ years of work experience in healthcare industry (e.g., commercialization,
business development, or advisory roles), venture capital, or private equity
● Desire to pursue a career in venture capital
● Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to work independently
● Strong analytical capabilities – must be able to analyze both qualitative and quantitative information effectively, interpret results, and extract insight
● Effective communicator; experience developing reports for executive audiences
Interested candidates are encouraged to email their resume, cover letter, and a writing sample. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis. Final deadline to apply is April 26th, 2019. Any questions can be directed to email@example.com