Lair East Labs is a startup accelerator based in New York that empowers founders to expand internationally. At the heart of Lair East Labs lies the 10-week accelerator. Each year 8 -12 startups take on our program and receive investments of $50K~100K. Our 10-week program combines the best of two worlds – learn from alumni founders of top Silicon Valley-style accelerators and gain access to a network of mentors and investors with extensive experience navigating the U.S. and Asian markets. In the first four years of operation, our portfolio companies have raised $35+ million in funding after completing the accelerator. We support founders in their quest to build successful and sustainable ventures that solve global problems. We are founders accelerating founders. For more information: please visit: laireastlabs.com
About the Role
We are currently seeking prospective Venture Fellows (https://laireastlabs.com/venture-fellows/) who are highly analytical and deeply passionate about startups. During this fellowship, you will play a pivotal role in supporting our team to find and evaluate transformative, breakthrough technology companies.
- Conduct financial, market, and company diligence on new potential investments; desk research on industries and trends.
- Contribute to deal sourcing through various channels, including demo days, startup database, school networks, etc.
- Deeply understand the metrics of our portfolio companies and how they trend over time.
- Support fund operations, including writing quarterly LP reports on new investments and our pipeline
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis (e.g., market sizing, analyzing survey data, pricing analysis, web analytics data)
- Work with our portfolio companies to support them on strategic initiatives.
- Help program manager organize events, including product and growth sprints, program kickoff week, alumni networking, and recruiting events.
- Improve current deal pipelines and optimize the overall communication flow with startups
- Capstone Project: each fellow will also work on a presentation based on market research about the topic of choice, which is likely to be published via Lair East Lab’s channel at the end of the fellowship program or become a key pillar in LEL’s future investment strategy.
- BA/BS/Master candidate currently pursuing a degree in STEM/Economics/Investment/relevant degrees at a prestigious university and/or investment analysis experience
- A deep passion and /or interest in startups, technology, venture capital, etc.
- Self-starter – able to take the initiative, prioritize and run on own with limited guidance
- Comfortable with ambiguity and in an entrepreneurial environment where things change constantly
- Organized with high attention to detail
- Team player – happy to do whatever is required to support the team
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to synthesize and articulate thoughts about companies and markets concisely
- Experience at a competitive startup or VC firm highly preferred but not required
Deadline to Apply: seasonal/rolling basis
Start Date: Winter Term – Jan/Feb, Spring Term – Feb/Mar, Summer Term – May/Jun, Fall Term – September/October
Hours: 16~30 hours/week upon availability
Duration: 3~6 months
This is an educational program to help people transit into and learn about startup and venture capital fields.
To apply, please send a brief elaboration (within 250 words) of your interest, your preferred term, along with your resume and relevant writing samples/work portfolio, to hr[at]laireastlabs.com with the subject line “LEL Venture Fellowship – YOUR FULL NAME”. Thank you!