· Firm: Health Enterprise Partners (“HEP”)
· Position: Associate or Senior Associate
· Location: New York, NY
· Industry Focus: Healthcare
HEP Background & Strategy
HEP is a New York-based lower middle market private equity firm focused on investments in healthcare services and healthcare technology. HEP has made 32 investments across its three funds and is currently investing out of its third fund, HEP III. The investment team has deep domain knowledge, operational experience, and a proven track record as investors.
HEP and its portfolio companies benefit from HEP’s strong healthcare industry relationships. Two thirds of the capital in HEP’s funds comes from a group of 19 leading hospital systems and 17 health insurance plans. The firm’s regular interactions with this strategic investor base as well as its broader healthcare network provide a distinct advantage, affording HEP an unparalleled window into the rapidly evolving priorities of those responsible for shaping the direction of the industry.
HEP is looking to round out its team in advance of closing its fourth fund, HEP IV, by hiring an Associate or Senior Associate. This investment professional will work directly with members of the investment team at all levels. The bios of the current investment professionals can be found here: https://hepfund.com/team/
· Experience in investment banking, consulting, or private equity
· Significant healthcare knowledge, experience and interest
· Strong competency in market research and ability to independently synthesize industry news and trends to form original perspectives. The investment professional will play a key role in drafting healthcare sector collateral that HEP will distribute to its LP base and broader healthcare network
· Analytical thinker, strong attention to detail, excellent communication and writing skills. The ideal candidate would have both exceptional quantitative and qualitative skills, as this role will involve a range of workstreams (e.g. excel modeling, drafting investment memos, creating LP presentations)
· Self-starter, comfortable working on a small team, and eager to be involved in all aspects of the fund, including deal diligence, portfolio company management, LP engagement, fund documentation management, and marketing content creation
· Desire to work in NYC and ability to travel when necessary
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to Elizabeth Colonna (email@example.com) and Jessie Laurash (firstname.lastname@example.org). In your cover letter, articulate why you are interested in working at HEP and how your prior experience is applicable to this role.