Fractal Software is a venture studio launching the next generation of vertical SaaS startups. We are founded by entrepreneurs who have built SaaS startups to multi-hundred million dollar and billion dollar valuations and backed by top tier investors including Menlo Ventures and 8VC. We believe that many industries are underserved by existing technology solutions and aim to partner with passionate entrepreneurs to modernize every industry’s tech stack with best in class software solutions.
We are equity owners in every company we create together. The existing team has launched 9 companies in the past 10 months out of our $50M seed fund and is planning to launch 20+ this year.
We are looking to grow our team by adding another Research Investment Associate. As a member of our Investment team, you will identify attractive start-up opportunities through rigorous research and primary diligence, as well as collaborate with each start-up’s founding team to develop initial product roadmaps and go-to-market strategies.
This role provides a unique opportunity to gain exposure to seed and venture investing while building out your own personal network of founders, operators and investors. For those more entrepreneurially-minded, it can also serve as an excellent stepping stone to launch your own start-up.
We are looking for someone with deep interest in technology and software, specifically in the SaaS space. You are the type of person who is consistently reading and staying up-to-date with emerging tech trends. You are self-driven and resourceful and can prioritize the right questions to determine if an attractive opportunity exists within a vertical. If you’re interested in an opportunity that combines an investing and operating lens, we hope to hear from you.
- Ideal experience of 1-3 years in management consulting, venture capital, private equity, or investment banking
- Previous experience conducting industry or company level diligence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to synthesize lots of qualitative and quantitative data in an articulate and cogent manner
Why do Founders work with us?
Fractal helps abstract away or at least de-risk the critical components a founder’s job:
- Business Idea: provide a thoroughly researched business idea and business model with a high likelihood of success, assuming effective execution.
- Product Development: ensure you build the right minimum sellable product by providing guidance on how to do the correct research and workshopping the initial feature set alongside you.
- Financing: guarantee $1M of seed capital on Day 1 and provide the best chance at raising a Series A 12 months later.
If interested, please apply here.