SeedInvest is a leading equity crowdfunding platform that provides individual investors with access to vetted startup investment opportunities. SeedInvest was instrumental in the passage of the 2012 JOBS Act, which changed 80-year-old U.S. securities laws to make it possible for entrepreneurs to raise capital over the Internet. SeedInvest has funded over 150 startups and boasts a rapidly growing network of over 250,000 investors. SeedInvest has had over 40,000 startups apply to raise capital since inception and has accepted less than 1% of those companies to feature on the platform. The company was recently featured on the 2018 Inc. 500 List as the 4th fastest-growing financial services company in America.
SeedInvest is seeking an Associate to join our Venture team in Manhattan, New York. We run extremely flat and are looking for someone that can not only execute, but become a core member of our team and contribute to the mission, vision, and culture here in a very positive way.
We are looking for someone
- With a deep passion for startups, entrepreneurship, and SeedInvest
- That agrees that the people and the mission are more important than any job description
- With a desire to take ownership of work
- That has strong critical thinking skills
- With the ability to run in the right direction given a lot of rope
- With a strong bias for action
- With an unending drive and a thirst to learn
- That is transparent and honest with excellent communication skills
You’ll be expected to be very, very good at
- Generating leads for new investment opportunities
- Building and maintaining relations with startup founders and management teams
- Executing on cold outreach and educating startups about SeedInvest
- Exploring startups and build a deep understanding relevant investment sectors
- Performing preliminary due diligence on select investment opportunities
- Presenting investment opportunities to our Screening Committee on a weekly basis
The minimum requirements are
- BA/BS degree
- 2-3 years of experience in investment banking, consulting, sales, or VC/PE
- Strong knowledge of venture capital and entrepreneurship
- Prior experience sourcing and closing on investments
- Excellent finance and accounting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Some extra credit that we’d love to see
- Prior experience with a startup
- Technology background and/or interest
- Series 82 and 63 licenses
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at SeedInvest. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If interested, please apply here.