When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and diversity & inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally.
About the Group: Launched in 2012, New York Life Ventures is a leading strategic Corporate Venture Capital unit focused on investing in promising venture startups and select funds, exploring new technologies, and impacting the pace of innovation and competitive advantage for New York Life. The unit is comprised of three highly interconnected functions: Venture Investments, Business Development, and Innovation Services. New York Life Ventures manages approximately $375M of AUM and is headquartered in the Flatiron District in New York City.
About the Role: New York Life Ventures is adding a Senior Investments Associate to play a primary role in supporting the continued growth of the group’s venture investment portfolio. As a key member of the investment team, the successful candidate will make an immediate impact by employing a data and network driven approach to identifying emerging companies in areas of thematic and strategic relevance to New York Life. The candidate will support the end-to-end investment process (evaluation, research, due diligence, transaction execution and portfolio management and engagement). Importantly, and given New York Life Ventures’ strategic investment mandate, the successful candidate will actively qualify and evaluate opportunities on both their investment and strategic merits while contributing to the refinement and evolution of our investment themes.
Select responsibilities to include:
- Research and evaluate companies for potential investment and/or strategic opportunities
- Support deal screening, evaluation, due diligence and execution
- Interface with company founders and key executives to learn about their businesses
- Industry research, total addressable market (TAM) analysis and competitive landscaping
- Lead financial modeling and analysis of company metrics in support of investment diligence
- Support the preparation of executive-level investment proposals and other portfolio materials
- Interface with NYL Ventures’ Business Development to understand depth and breadth of strategic opportunities and help inform key focus areas
Ideal candidate shall possess:
- A thoughtful and highly analytical mindset balanced with strong people skills to enable effective expression of well-informed viewpoints while positively representing NYL Ventures in the market
- 3-4 years’ experience in PE/VC or a related field (e.g., corporate development, buy- or sell-side investment research, strategy consulting, investment banking, business or strategy at a technology company, etc.)
- A strong inner-drive to learn new things and create new value in a collaborative team environment
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated passion for the rapidly advancing technology landscape within and adjacent to financial services
- Expertise with financial modeling and presentation software (e.g. Excel and PowerPoint) and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently but also interactively within a team environment with a balance of confidence, humility and high integrity
- Ability to develop informed opinions
If interested, please apply here.