We in Corporate Development & Strategy are always thinking about what comes next. We evaluate trends, challenge corporate norms, and work with departments throughout the company to develop strategies for success. Constantly on the lookout for great ideas, we build business plans for internal initiatives and invest externally in new startups changing the media landscape. You’re a strategic thinker who can handle the pressure and defend your ideas when executives ask the hard questions. You excel at collaboration, are not afraid of a model, and can get things done.
THE ROLE: Senior Analyst, Strategy & Corporate Development
The Senior Analyst, Strategy & Corporate Development is responsible for assisting in the development of strategic initiatives to advance A+E Networks. The position offers unique exposure to a wide variety of businesses within the media and entertainment industry.
This role will be focused on evaluating emerging industry trends, expansion opportunities, competitive threats, and internal business performance improvement opportunities. The Senior Analyst will report directly to the Vice President, Corporate Development & Strategy.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Strategic Projects
- Collaborate and coordinate with Senior Management and divisional leadership to formulate overall corporate strategy and key growth initiatives (e.g., new media platforms, new business opportunities and geographic expansion)
- Create compelling, persuasive presentation materials to communicate key learnings and recommendations to advise senior level executives
- Explore answers to broader strategic questions facing A+E and the media industry.
- Corporate Development
- Evaluate, model and conduct due diligence on potential investment opportunities.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to manage day to day execution of investment priorities.
- Perform ongoing research, financial modeling and analysis to inform investment decisions.
- Industry and Company Insights
- Keep Senior Management informed of key trends affecting the media and entertainment industry from consumer, technological and competitive standpoints.
- Work with research teams to maintain industry projections and competitive benchmarks.
- Develop cross functional relationships to create a central point of view and share best practices throughout the company.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
- BS/BA from a top program
- 1–2 years of experience in management consulting, in-house strategy, investment banking, venture capital or private equity preferred
- Proficient in Powerpoint and Excel; is comfortable working with large amounts of data; is high energy; basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- Strong problem solving skills such as prioritization, critical thinking and hypothesis development
- Ability to develop gocogent arguments and present them concisely to a range of stakeholders, including executives
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you’ve read this far, you’re likely a great fit for us…and maybe you’re fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we’d love to hear about it in your cover letter.
If interested, please apply here.