March Capital Partners is a Santa Monica-based venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs in pursuit of big outcomes. Investing globally, March looks for high-growth potential in its investments. March provides growth capital for breakout companies that allows founders to define their industries as they scale.
We are hands-on, value-add investors. We are investing out of our new $350 million Fund III. This fund follows the successes of our $240 million Fund I and $300 million Fund II.
As a growing firm, we are seeking a talented Investment Principal to bolster the team. The primary role of the Principal is to help March Capital succeed by assessing, sourcing, leading due diligence, and closing investment transactions. You will be expected to work closely with the Managing Partners of March Capital, as well as all other team members in a highly collaborative environment. You will also interact with key influencers, other investors, and entrepreneurs throughout the innovation economy. You will also actively assist portfolio companies in creating value through the March Capital platform.
- 5-10 years relevant professional experience including some investment experience
- MBA or graduate degree
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Demonstrated ability to influence all levels of management cross-functionally and externally; ability to make things happen quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid and collaborative environment
- Exceptional analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Deal Flow: Proactively source and screen potential companies in which to invest based on the fund’s established criteria
- Research & diligence of investments
- Transaction process of investments
- Influence outcomes of investments by working with the portfolio management teams and boards
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with quarterly and annual reporting processes
- Assist with ad hoc company and industry analyses
- Become an active participant in the venture ecosystem
- Work closely with associates and interns
- Assist with marketing/social media as required
- Support fundraising and investor relations activities
- Lead the process of developing financial models
- Lead the due diligence, including references, market sizing and mapping, and industry research, competitive analysis
- Craft investment memoranda and presentation materials
To be considered for this position, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- LinkedIn profile link