Pilatus Capital is a new Venture Capital fund that invests in early stage enterprises working on the development and/or commercialization of high-impact technologies in large markets with global reach. Our investment focus in on science-based enterprises with leading edge technologies that require attention to commercialization strategies and the execution needed to make them suitable for institutional venture and/or private equity funding. We focus on augmenting their IP, financial, operational, commercial, strategic, legal, and executive capabilities and in order to achieve product launch, attract customers, and growth capital.
Pilatus Capital in currently seeking to attract a talented, energetic, and versatile Senior Manager of Fund and Investment Operations to assist the Fund Managers in the creation of the fund, the day-to-day fund management activities, the oversight of the investment process including due diligence and deal negotiations, as well as the ongoing nurturing, guidance, and monitoring of the portfolio companies.
Duties/essential functions include working with the Fund Managers and assisting our small but quickly growing team with the:
- execution of administrative tasks related to fund management and portfolio company investments.
- evaluation of potential portfolio company investments,
- management of the due diligence processes with potential portfolio companies,
- funding round evaluation and negotiations,
- preparation of business plans and tactics for portfolio companies including:
o Company structure
o Funding requirements
o Business plans
- schedule and run regular progress report meetings with Fund Managers and portfolio companies,
- execution of special projects
- assisting in the marketing efforts of Pilatus Capital with potential Limited Partners
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance/Accounting, Engineering, or Law is required. A graduate degree in Business or Law is preferred, especially if the candidate also has a relevant undergraduate degree. Equivalent work experience will be considered but is not a substitute for a relevant undergraduate degree.
Eligible candidates must possess at least one of the following work experiences:
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a Venture Capital Fund or Private Equity Fund, preferably in a partner and/or transaction support role with significant exposure to legal, financial, commercial, and IP related issues.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in an Investment Bank with significant exposure to the inner works of small startup-like transactions including legal, financial, commercial, and IP aspects.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a multi-faceted Corporate Development or Project Management role within a fast growth startup and/or accelerator with significant exposure to capital contributions, corporate structure, management team hiring, and commercialization efforts. Experience will be deemed more valuable in high technology areas including Greentech, Biotech, Retailtech, or other non “software-centric-only” technologies.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a Consulting Firm in a role dealing specifically with fast growth startup. Role must be focused on growth and operational efforts of startups including capital contributions, corporate structure, management team hiring, IP protection, and commercialization efforts.
- Strong understanding of Finance and Accounting concepts.
- Ability to prepare and manage budgets, prepare cashflow statements, and prepare financial analysis.
- Ability to foster deep trust-based professional relationship with colleagues, entrepreneurs, and potential investors.
- Ability to understand technology at a conceptual level and acquire technical jargon overtime.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. Ability to understand and analyze financial statements.
- Ability to read, understand investments documents and company documents of legal nature. Eventually expected to become able with experience to draft basic contractual language including term-sheets and basic contracts.
- Skilled and experienced at negotiations.
- Ability to co-lead conference calls and meetings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Close familiarity of business and financial terms and concepts including finance, accounting, marketing, legal, IP, etc.
- Great Project Management skills.
- Must be a team player who is willing to pitch in and help where possible, as well as learn new skills when necessary.
- Detail oriented in their work and personal presentation.
- Versatile candidates with great enthusiasm and high-energy will be favored.
LOCATION and TRAVEL
- Emeryville, CA.
- Will consider tele-commuting on a 2-days per week basis after 120 days.
- Ability and willingness to travel 10% of workdays sometimes on short notice. Some of the travel may be international, so a valid Passport is required.
SALARY RANGE & BENEFITS
- $90,000 — $120,000 + bonus (based on experience and qualifications)
- 5% matching 401K
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
If interested, please apply here.