ZX Ventures is the global growth and innovation arm created by AB InBev – the world’s leading global brewer and one of the world’s top five consumer products companies. Launched in 2015, our mandate is to create a portfolio of new products and businesses that address emerging consumer needs. We are here to invest ahead of the curve: seeding, launching, and scaling new products that deliver exceptional consumer experiences and bring people together.
We’re currently searching for top talent to work in our London office and lead our newly created Fund Management team as our Investment Partner.
As the Investment Partner you will have the unique opportunity to oversee, from a financial perspective, a portfolio of organic and inorganic seed and launch investments across all beverage categories. The focus will be Western Europe and South Africa. You will be responsible for the investment strategy and resource allocation, with the objective to meet the overall ZX Beverage Fund growth criteria.
You will be working closely with the other parts of the BevFund to ensure the creation of a portfolio of strong and fast growing brands, complementary to the ABI portfolio at scale. The team will consist of an investment principal and an analyst and will be working closely with the BevFund General Partner as well as the Incubator team to ensure a healthy pipeline of bets, aligned with business priorities and Fund investment strategy.
Part of your role will be leading sourcing and investment transaction-related efforts, performing primary and secondary market research, meeting with entrepreneurs, analyzing target companies and competitors as well as developing financial models. You will be expected to define investment theses on areas of interest, integrating market analysis as well as consumer insights and Seed and Launches performances.
Finally, being our partner you will lead by example in the ZX mission, values, and philosophy. In all aspects, they serve as a role model for the values and mission of the organization.
- Develop financial models relating to VC financing transactions, restructurings, valuation analyses and liquidity events.
- Lead the resource allocation of the EURAF Beverage Fund, based new opportunities, Seeds and Launches performance, Fund ambition and Fund financial performance.
- Perform due diligence such as customer and management references, industry research (e.g. market sizing and mapping and competitive landscape analyses), while demonstrating the ability to form a viewpoint on investment opportunities.
- Work with portfolio companies to enhance operations and performance, report on portfolio company’s performance and supporting them on ad hoc projects.
- Demonstrate an ability to leverage an existing network of relationships that can be enabled to source a growing number of compelling investment opportunities.
- Show a maturing ability to present investment opportunities to ZX’s Executive Investment Committee.
- Manage and develop the EURAF Fund Management team
If this sounds good, here’s what we’re looking for:
- Significant deal and/or investment experience either in strategy consulting OR venture capital, preferably combined with relevant corporate development role OR, strong entrepreneurial experience (e.g. from launching a tech start up), in conjunction with demonstrated facility in all financial aspects of transaction related work
- Ability to self-direct, analyze, evaluate, and form independent investment judgments
- Excellent organizational skills with a self-starter mentality and also a strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication capabilities
- Strong financial modelling capabilities / Professional Excel and PowerPoint experience
- Direct or indirect exposure to the beverage OR FMCG industry is an asset but not required
If interested, please apply here.