Speedinvest is a European venture capital fund with €400M+ AUM and more than 40 investment professionals working from Berlin, London, Munich, Paris, Vienna and San Francisco. Employing a sector-focused investment structure, we fund innovative early-stage technology startups in the areas of Fintech, Digital Health, Consumer Tech, Network Effects, Deep Tech and Industrial Tech. Speedinvest actively deploys its global network and dedicated team of more than 20 in-house operational experts to support our 140+ portfolio companies, including with US market expansion.
Pre-Seed is a team that runs deals end-to-end across a wide range of verticals and geographies. You will be required to switch context frequently and rapidly, hold multiple processes up simultaneously and examine complex subject matters, both under time pressure and with incomplete data.
We are looking to expand our team and are hiring a VISITING ANALYST in London or Berlin! Examples of our Pre-Seed success stories are the startups Impala, refurbed and Elephant Healthcare.
- Research & Due Diligence (60%): The bulk of your work will be assisting live deals with research and due diligence. This can range from finding and taking calls with experts to desk research on the competitive landscape. The ideal candidate will be able to autonomously produce comprehensive and reliable information on hard to research subjects in order to help make the investment decisions.
- Dealflow work (30%): The second part of your work consists of managing dealflow on an ongoing basis. This ranges from screening deal flow sources to joining calls with prospective startups. We don’t expect you to bring your own deal flow. We expect natural curiosity and ability to learn so that by the end of your internship you should be able to autonomously conduct pre-screening and have developed an understanding on which companies to prioritize.
- Internal materials (10%): A smaller chunk of your work will be preparing internal and external materials. The ideal candidate will be able to independently create presentations that can be distributed to senior stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with an excellent academic track record (technical degree is a plus, e.g. Engineering)
- First relevant technical work experience (hands-on role in an early startup is a plus)
- Basic understanding of internet infrastructure and web technology
- Strong interpersonal skills, outgoing nature
- Eager to learn about VC
- Fluent in English, other languages are highly welcomed
- The chance to gain insights and work experience in a VC Fund
- Working directly and hands-on with founders and their startups
- Opportunity to work in an open-minded and international team
- Support for continuous learning through feedback and review sessions
- Full-time position for min. 6 months
Speedinvest believes in equal opportunities for everyone and encourages diversity and inclusion. We want to encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply to the Venture Capital world. We process all applications without regard to gender, nationality, race, color, religion, age, disability status, sexual orientation or marital status.
If you want to work with startups and are passionate about making an impact, we look forward to receiving your application: email@example.com.
If interested, please apply here.