Speedinvest is one of Europe’s most active early-stage investors, with more than €400m AUM, 40 investors, an in-house team of operational experts, and offices in Berlin, London, Munich, Paris, Vienna and San Francisco.
Our focused investment teams partner with European founders building Deep Tech, Fintech, Industrial Tech, Network Effects, Digital Health and Subscriptions startups.
Our portfolio includes some of Europe’s fastest growing startups such as wefox, TIER Mobility, Bitpanda, TourRadar, Adverity, Bitmovin and CoachHub. Learn more at www.speedinvest.com.
We are looking to expand our Fintech Team and are hiring an ASSOCIATE!
About the Position
You will play an active role in building our relationship with founders and helping them from the beginning to the end of the investment journey.
You will be responsible for trend scouting, deal sourcing, and due diligence for investment opportunities. Furthermore, you will be instrumental in engaging existing portfolio companies and in providing them with operational support, working on their ideas and supporting them with your “can-do” attitude.
- Source and screen seed fintech companies relevant to our investment hypothesis
- Perform in-depth commercial and financial due diligence
- Build complex financial models and perform company valuations
- Prepare summary materials and present investment recommendations in deal meetings
- Actively monitor portfolio companies and help with key strategic projects, including fundraising and business development
- Represent Speedinvest at conferences and events
- Assist with special projects on an as-needed basis
This is You:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in Finance or Economics
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in a fast-paced work environment (such as a startup, VC, PE, Consulting, IB), prior startup or VC experience is a big plus
- Exceptional numerical skills and attention to detail
- Previous exposure to Fintech and demonstrated interest in the latest technological developments and working with startups
- An ability to build and maintain a professional network in the European tech ecosystem
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Fluency in French and English, German is a plus
- Desire to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization. You possess a proactive attitude and take initiative
- Dedicated work ethic and commitment to a goal-oriented environment
- Opportunity to work in a successful, innovative European Venture Capital Fund within an international team.
- Work in an inspiring environment directly with senior partners and receive ongoing training to develop your technical, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Working directly and hands-on with founders and their startups
- A competitive salary and further monetary benefits.
If you want to work with startups and are passionate about making an impact, we look forward to receiving your application.
Speedinvest believes in equal opportunities for everyone and encourages diversity and inclusion. We want to encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply to the Venture Capital world. We process all applications without regard to gender, nationality, race, color, religion, age, disability status, sexual orientation or marital status.
If interested, please apply here.