We’re a small, close-knit team of tech enthusiasts with a passion for building early stage technology businesses. We have created a fun, casual work environment but at the same time we favour fast-paced, bold decision making.
We’re busier than ever – having recently launched our £25m second fund – and are looking to add some firepower to the team. As such, we’re seeking a technical investment associate to come on board and help drive our investment activities.
Things You’ll Do
As a member of our investment team you’ll be exposed to all of the steps in the VC value chain (including origination, evaluation, deal execution and portfolio support), with a particular focus on originating deep tech deals and performing technical due diligence. Specifically you’ll:
- Evaluate deals through a detailed process of technical due diligence to help the team build investment cases for particular deals
- When necessary, engage industry experts to help support our technical due diligence efforts
- Track and analyse technologies, markets and companies that are relevant to our investment focus (machine learning, computer vision, robotics, IoT, etc.)
- Produce detailed research reports on specific technologies
- Attend demo days, pitching competitions, industry events and generally network and build relationships with engineers all over the world in search of the best deals
- Host events and produce content to boost Playfair’s reputation
- You have a background in computer science or related field (data science, engineering, theoretical physics, robotics, maths, etc.) background
- You get excited at the prospect of continuously learning about new technologies and producing well researched and impeccably written reports
- You’re capable of working autonomously and thrive in an unstructured work environment
- Fantastic expose to the work of venture capital
- Generous salary
- Flexible working
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Private healthcare with all the bells and whistles
- Private pension with employer matching
- Training budget for any professional development you require to keep your career moving forward
- Team off-sites
- And best of all, an amazing work environment and a great degree of autonomy over your work
IF interested, please apply here.