You will work for the venture investment team of a long-term private investment firm. The venture team’s mandate is to identify high-potential technology investments, build relationships with founders, lead transactions, and support portfolio companies to grow using an active management approach that leverages resources from across the firm. The team has a broad mandate but are initially focused on leading investment rounds in companies ranging from Seed to Series B.
You will be a founding member of the investment team responsible for all aspects of sourcing, evaluating, and executing transactions. The Venture Capital Associate will be involved in aspects of the investment process, from market research, target analysis and investment evaluation, to portfolio company support, performance measurement and exits.
The Venture Capital Associate will have a demonstrated passion for technology, experience investing, and an entrepreneurial spirit. The individual will have a global outlook, a curious spirit, and the drive to get things done. The team is flat, lean and entrepreneurial, and you will have significant responsibilities from day one.
- Meet founders and assess founding teams
- Monitor, research and develop investment themes on emerging trends and disruptive companies- Lead key parts of the deal process from sourcing investments through to diligence and investment committee presentation
- Partner with investee company executives to bring our active management approach to their businesses
- Actively monitor the investment portfolio, supporting follow-on investments, fund raisings, and exits
- Take on more responsibilities with each day as part of a fast-growing firm with great ambitions
- Smart, intellectually curious, entrepreneurial, and imaginative
- 2-4 years of experience in investment management, consulting, M&A, or corporate development at a technology or security firm
- An understanding of VC investments – experience (and a passion for) investing in technology companies likely at Seed through Series B
- Well-versed with DD, term sheets, cap tables, financing rounds, deal syndication, bridge financing and governance processes
- Ability to work independently on simultaneous workstreams with tight timelines
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with people at all levels in an organization
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English
- A natural networker with a broad network within the VC/tech ecosystem
- High level of integrity and bias towards discretion
- International mindset and willingness to travel
- Strong record of leadership in a professional or extracurricular setting
- Bachelor’s degree required. Significant coursework in a STEM discipline is preferred. MBA or equivalent master’s degree positive but not required
If interested, please apply here.