The Associate’s (m/f/x) focus is on finding innovative, early stage LOGTECH and MOBILITY startups in the fields of e.g. Warehousing, IoT, Transportation, Mobility, Supply Chain Management, Predictive Analytics, Big Data, Block Chain, 3D Printing, Robotics, Autonomous Vehicles, Drone Technology, Last Mile Delivery, Smart Cities, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), etc. The primary objective of the Associate (m/f/x) is to generate consistent global deal flow as a source for new business models and investments. Moreover, the Associate (m/f/x) assists the NLA’s portfolio companies in their business developments and follow-up financing. Besides that, the Associate (m/f/x) is an essential part of NLAs business development. The Associate (m/f/x) supports the NLA’s Managing Partners in finding investors and corporate partners/sponsors.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Having your “eyes and ears in the market” by screening and scouting, understanding and making preliminary contact with strategically relevant and innovative new startups from around the globe as well as discovering digital, innovative technologies and business models.
- Making first assessments and presenting investment opportunities.
- Support in the due diligence of the NLA’s investment candidates, in validating the business opportunities, and in establishing investment cases.
- Contribute in structuring and negotiating terms for potential post-program investments and additional direct investments (Seed and Series A).
- Investors Committee preparation and organization.
- Supporting the Management Team in fundraising and portfolio management.
- Managing and fulfilling the expectations of NLA’s corporate partners/sponsors.
- Supporting the Management Team in internal and external events and build, establish and develop the network to the startup eco-system.
- Ideally a university degree in business administration.
- Relevant work experience in venture capital or corporate finance.
- Knowledge in technology/software and ideally exposure to the field of logistics and mobility.
- Experience in working closely with C-suite/VP-level management.
- Self-starter, organized and efficient in daily tasks.
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple projects successfully, independently and autonomously.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills combined with a quick grasp of complex issues.
- High commitment and structured working as well as team and communication skills.
- Excellent German and English skills are a must.
What we offer you:
- Be part of a dynamic team and shape the future of the NLA, esp. with respect to the next fundraising.
- By joining the NLA benefit from the support of large corporates combined with the dynamic spirit of a startup.
- Exponential learning in venture capital, startup/tech as well as logistics/mobility since you are part of a small, agile, autonomous driven team getting insights in all aspects of the value chain of an accelerator.
- Receive an attractive package that balances work and life in Hamburg, Germany.
If interested, please apply here.