At the Samsung Strategy and Innovation Center (SSIC), we discover and develop groundbreaking technologies to help people around the world lead happier, healthier, richer lives.
Founded in 2012 and led by Samsung Electronics President and Chief Strategy Officer, Young Sohn, SSIC works with entrepreneurs and strategic partners to foster disruptive technologies, invest in promising startups, and build new business lines through M&A and strategic partnerships. Our work spans across a range of technologies, including artificial intelligence, autonomous mobility, digital health, Internet of Things, cloud data infrastructure, privacy, and security.
Through our commitment to developing innovative, reliable products and services, recruiting top-tier talent, upholding the responsibilities of global citizenship, and collaborating with our partners and customers, SSIC is imagining the technologies that will reshape the world.
SSIC has offices in Menlo Park and San Jose, California, with additional locations in Paris, France; Tel Aviv, Israel; and Seoul, South Korea.
Samsung Catalyst Fund is the evergreen, multi-stage venture capital fund of Samsung Electronics, investing globally in the new data economy and strategic ideas for Samsung’s mobile, semiconductor and consumer electronics companies.
As one of the largest technology companies in the world, Samsung has incredible resources. The team has made a high number of investments worldwide and provided a significant amount of capital for multi-stage ventures in the past year.
Samsung Catalyst Fund is looking for someone working on deal flow sourcing, deal making support and having a strong appetite for innovative and deep technologies.
Key Qualities to Succeed:
The ideal candidate should have a passion for emerging technologies including data and deep learning/AI, cloud, smart machines, and robotics; digital health; and sensors/processors, combined with having experienced working through mid to high complex analysis with high standard qualities reported up to executives’ teams.
That person should also be comfortable working with executives and can work effectively across a wide range of internal teams globally.
- Actively engage with the French/ Europe startups ecosystem, including companies, entrepreneurs, VCs, CVCs, service providers to the community (accounting and law firms), as well as ecosystem event attendance, to source new investment ideas.
- Identify, source, and evaluate new investment opportunities.
- Support senior investment team members in development of investment theses, due diligence, deal negotiation and execution.
- Deal flow and portfolio internal reporting.
- Interaction with portfolio companies and Samsung business units overseas.
- Support Samsung / Samsung Catalyst Funds local initiatives (e.g. – Samsung innovation events).
- Engineering / computer science / physics degree desirable / MBA degree is a plus.
- Experience in a consulting firm or a startup is expected / Experience in the VC space is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and fast learner.
- Team player and good communicator with good presentation’s skills.
- Entrepreneurial drive, highly motivated with track record of doing beyond what asked.
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships.
- Fluency in English is required.
If interested, please apply here.