Suffolk Technologies, a new venture capital and innovation platform backed by $4.5B construction leader Suffolk, is seeking an outstanding Capital Investment intern to join an experienced and growing team.
In this role you will work with a wide range of responsibilities including assisting with developing investment themes, engaging industry stakeholders with thought leadership, sourcing startups and leading due diligence, and working closely with a portfolio of high impact startups (from early to late stages) across the real estate, construction and smart city sectors.
Working with our Venture Capital team, you will assist with the following areas:
Perform market research to help identify new investment trends and opportunities
- Deal screening: meet with prospects, evaluate opportunities
- Perform market research and synthesize insights to develop investment themes
- Network with peers at investment firms and strategics
Perform due diligence
- Conduct market opportunity and competitive analysis
- Analyze information from prospective investment targets
- Liaise with internal and external experts to complete due diligence
- Build valuation analysis and models
- Help prepare internal investment memos
Support portfolio companies
- Work with portfolio founders on company development, including participating on boards
- Organize Suffolk and industry resources and networks to support portfolio companies
Support startup programming,
- Boost Technologies
- Currently enrolled in a MBA program.
- Demonstrates Suffolk’s Core Values of People Above All, Courageously Driven, Find a Way, Endlessly Curious.
- Demonstrated interest in startups, investment, and the built environment
- Previous expericne with investment (VC/PE, investment banking), consulting, or product management/sales/corporate development roles in the technology industry.
- Strong written, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Team collaborator and leader, and self-guided on day-to-day work
- Experience in a built world related sector is preferred, but not required
- Experience with financial statement analysis preferred, but not required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stands; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.
Suffolk provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, gender identity, age or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Suffolk will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination toward, or harassment of, applicants or employees by anyone at Suffolk, or anyone working on behalf of Suffolk.
Join us and lay the foundation for lifelong success. Achieve your ambitions. Build your legacy.
We can’t wait to see the impact you will make on Suffolk!
If interested, please apply here.