At Eisai, satisfying unmet medical needs and increasing the benefits healthcare provides to patients, their families, and caregivers is Eisai’s human health care (hhc) mission. We’re a growing pharmaceutical company that is breaking through in neurology and oncology, with a strong emphasis on research and development. Our history includes the development of many innovative medicines, notably the discovery of the world’s most widely-used treatment for Alzheimer’s disease. As we continue to expand, we are seeking highly-motivated individuals who want to work in a fast-paced environment and make a difference. If this is your profile, we want to hear from you.
The Director, Investments, Eisai Innovation (EII) position is responsible for: (1) Leading select investment initiatives in order to meet the corporate growth objectives of the Eisai’s neurology and oncology therapeutics business units; (2) Driving portfolio company management activities; (3) Developing and implementing key strategic initiatives in alignment with global Eisai leadership and corporate business objectives across multiple functions and responsibilities.
The person in this position will have primary responsibility to source and evaluate new investment opportunities in the US and Europe in support of Eisai’s global business objectives. The Position supports the origination of ideas to create an investment pipeline of multiple actionable oncology and neurology investment opportunities. The Associate Director position helps identify and direct Eisai network of companies’ internal resources and capabilities that are necessary to enable achievement of the objective while ensuring that appropriate subject matter expertise and insight is obtained and considered through a rigorous due diligence process. The Position also establishes and maintains relationships with internal stakeholders and external partner(s) post-transaction to enable near- and long-term achievement of overall objectives through effective portfolio company management. The Director Position is expected to deliver compelling investment proposals to Eisai senior leadership, and to broadly communicate the strategic objectives behind each investment case. The person in this role should be able to support diverse investment opportunities and demonstrate value beyond the traditional investor role in order to ensure the ultimate achievement of the corporate strategic mission.
- Identifying and sourcing investment opportunities in relevant early stage platform, technology, and therapeutics companies.
- Responsibilities include: R&D pipeline analysis, analysis of operations, assessing financial performance, commercial assessment/market potential, and competitive landscape analysis
- Must successfully build a strong network within the life sciences ecosystem (specific focus on the investment community) to advance EII
- Supporting the President in all aspects of the investment process including internal and external resource/team management, developing internal support for investment proposals, leading diligence activities, contracting and negotiation, and transaction execution
- Management of portfolio companies including procuring and managing the use of internal Eisai corporate services and resources as necessary, ensuring adherence to contractual obligations and key performance objectives, supporting operations, and serving as key trusted point of contact for company management
- Leading select and diverse strategic initiatives and related projects while liaising with Eisai network of companies’ personnel
- 10years proven track record of search, evaluation, and execution of BD/equity investment or an equivalent R&D role
- Graduate level degree – PhD, MBA or equivalent
- Prior work in venture capital, private equity, business development, corporate strategy, strategic consulting and/or investment banking
- Prior work in drug discovery: neuroscience background desired
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills including the ability to research, synthesize, and effectively communicate strategic industry, competitor, and financial information
- Ability to understand and communicate clinical data and analyze R&D pipelines and portfolio
- Strong knowledge of drug development and approval process including preclinical, clinical, CMC, safety etc.
- Proven project management skills with the ability to work independently and balance multiple assignments
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and executive level management; influencing without authority
- Ability to develop compelling and visually appealing presentations
- Strong knowledge of science, accounting and valuation
- Strong understanding of capital markets
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Along with advanced skills in Excel (modeling & simulation), PowerPoint and Word, must be adept at using common online tools & databases
Eisai is an equal opportunity employer and as such, is committed in policy and in practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. Similarly, considering the need for reasonable accommodations, Eisai prohibits discrimination against persons because of disability, including disabled veterans.
Please Click On The Following Link For More Information
Eisai Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of all new hires in the United States.
If interested, please apply here.