At Stifel Venture Banking you will have the opportunity to work with innovative Technology & Healthcare companies from early to late stage. You will have the opportunity to grow and shape our business and be key contributor on a small but growing team.
The Venture Banking Associate/AVP (“VBA”) primary responsibility is to support to the Venture Banking group with emphasis on financial analysis and underwriting to determine the creditworthiness of a client. The VBA will also assist in the management of the venture banking loan portfolio. The VBA will also participate in ecosystem activities in support of sourcing efforts in the venture ecosystem.
- Begin to develop relationships with clients, prospects, and the innovation ecosystem.
- Aid in the preparation of credit evaluation memorandums, financial models and prepare ongoing annual reviews of borrowers including but not limited to: financial statement analysis, borrower profile, industry and capital markets trends, critical risks and loan approval rationale.
- Prepare quarterly trend analysis with situation updates and risk rating evaluations for assigned borrowers.
- Ensure that certain financial statements and compliance certificates are up-to-date; maintain in-depth knowledge of the soundness of borrowers and collateral.
- Other responsibilities as assigned, including but not limited to: facilitating training for new venture banking team members, participating in team credit decisions, and communicating with prospects and partners to facilitate loan closings.
Education & Experience
- Minimum Required: Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or another business-related field.
- Minimum Required: 2 years’ related experience in related fields (venture banking, investment banking, consulting or similar)
- Critical Thinking — Use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Writing — Effective communication in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel software proficiency.
- Candidate backgrounds that have been successful transitioning to Venture Banking roles include investment banking, venture capital/private equity analyst, commercial banking and leveraged finance.
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation’s leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation’s seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry’s largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
If interested, please apply here.