Cure Ventures is a venture capital firm pursuing cutting-edge science to make a difference in patients’ lives. The firm is driven by scientific data, rigorous diligence, and has an egalitarian culture where all voices are valued. Our strategy is to focus on de novo company formation. We will roll up our sleeves to build great companies around bold ideas and visionary entrepreneurs. The company incubation model consists of a robust process in which we develop a complete roadmap for business, scientific, financial, and clinical strategy. Making a difference in patient lives is our passion.
Cure Ventures is seeking a brilliant, energetic, hard-working, detailed-oriented Associate who will be instrumental in driving entrepreneurship in our start-ups. Associates will work closely with the partners of the firm each of whom has deep expertise in drug discovery and development.
The Ideal Candidate
• Ph.D., M.D., or Ph.D./M.D. required in biology, chemistry, or a related field with strong written and verbal communication skills and boundless curiosity.
• Superior analytical capabilities for scientific and clinical data and an eagerness to apply their expertise.
• Sound technical and scientific aptitude and ability to gain a sophisticated understanding of a range of scientific disciplines and areas of technology.
• Willingness and ability to handle confidential matters with the utmost discretion.
• Self-directed, energetic, hard-working team player who thrives in a collaborative, unstructured, flat, and sometimes chaotic environment.
• The ability to synthesize disparate information, identify the most important elements, and arrive at a conclusion.
• Ability to function effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment, organize and prioritize work, and meet tight deadlines
• You think creatively, have a sense of humor, have spark and drive and sense of urgency to get things done.
• Impeccable integrity, work ethic, and commitment
A day in the life of an associate may include:
• Scouting scientific literature and the halls of academia and Pharma for new ground-breaking science.
• Conduct in-depth investigative due diligence on both the scientific and business merits of select transactions.
• Interacting with scientific and industry thought leaders to diligence a scientific area or to develop firm relationships and deal flow.
• Serve in an operating role of the start-up.
• Work with the partners to develop company strategy.
• Proactively identify areas of unmet need and step in.
Cure Ventures and its ecosystem of portfolio companies are an equal opportunity employer we embrace diverse perspectives and ideas and backgrounds and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
If interested, please apply here.