Volition Capital is a Boston-based growth equity firm with over $1B in AUM. Investing in the software/tech-enabled, as well as internet and consumer markets, Volition has deployed capital into 35+ companies over the course of the last 10 years from 3 funds. By focusing on high potential, founder-owned, capital-efficient companies Volition has been able to lead or participate in notable exits including BlackDuck Software, Chewy.com, GlobalTranz, iPipeline, Mindshift, Ping Identity, Redbrick Health, Velocify, Verid, and VisualIQ.
Volition has recently closed its 4th fund totaling $600M in fresh capital and will begin deploying from this fund during the 2nd half of 2020. To help us continue this momentum and accelerate investing opportunities, Volition is seeking an Analyst to join our investment team.
About the Role:
The Analyst will play a critical role on deal teams of 2-3 people. You will be responsible for and held to a set of metrics that focus on the management, cultivation, and progression of a large portion (2000+ companies) of your team’s investment pipeline. To accomplish this, you will be tasked with the daily execution of outreach activities including (but not limited to) emailing and cold calling C-Level executives across the US. Upon connecting with these executives, you will be expected to vet them and their organization, as well as sell Volition Capital as a leading business partner.
In this role, rejection will be a daily event, but with some thick skin, a positive attitude and determination success is attainable.
If this challenge gets you excited, we want to speak with you!
- Must be in or willing to relocate to the Boston, Ma area
- Available to start between now and August 31, 2021
- Ability to work in the US
- O-3 years of professional experience
- Non-traditional investing backgrounds encouraged to apply
- Unmatched work ethic complemented by a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Personable and able to instantly build rapport on a cold call with C-level execs
- Process- and detail-oriented
- Insatiably curious, able to find the fascination in almost anything
- Tenacious, high tolerance for long days in the office
- Nurtures personal and professional relationships over the course of many years
- Humble and eager for mentorship
- Quantitative/analytical by nature
- Enthusiastic about any opportunity for learning
- High level excel and modeling ability
- Comfort and willingness to laugh at yourself
- Highest level of integrity, authenticity, and credibility
IF interested, please apply here.