Today, the intersection of learning technology and artificial intelligence is often the inharmonious collision of competing technologies, resulting in the creation of products that lack direction and practical usability. EduLab Capital Partners, based in Boston and Tokyo, is located at the center of this confluence, both technologically and geographically, and is ready to make sense of the confusion. Our team is poised to interpret and capitalize on the outcomes of the movement. Our experience allows us to view these crossroads as a natural evolution of technology within our sector, and we have the know-how to build value amidst the change. We are focused on finding the most promising early stage learning technology companies around the world.In concert with our strong network of industry experts, EduLab Capital Partners identifies, invests in, and builds impactful companies.Beyond providing capital, we position our companies and Founders to become the next generation of industry leaders.
We are headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with offices in Tokyo, Japan and partners spread throughout Asia (China, Singapore, Vietnam, India, and Hong Kong).Today we make ~33% of our investments in the Boston area, 33% in rest of US, and 33% outside the US.
We’re looking for a Analyst to join our team and help build our investment practice and presence in Boston and beyond.As a team we are investors, operators and company builders with varied backgrounds.We’re an eclectic group of personalities at EduLab Capital Partners, however we all share a deep curiosity to understand new technology, a genuine approach to our dealings with entrepreneurs, and a dedication to the firm and to the industry.This is a profit and mission driven engine.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You’ll be on the front lines searching for new opportunities, as well as supporting all execution activity at the firm.You’ll need to be self-driven and able to thrive in an environment where face time is less important than results.
- New transaction work includes: networking, sourcing and assessing new investment opportunities.Supporting execution work and performing due diligence will be a significant portion of the job, but you will be encouraged to build an industry network of your own.
- Existing portfolio company work includes: tracking milestones, working closely with Partners and management teams across time zones, building presentation materials for our Limited Partners, and thinking about new ways to support our entrepreneurs.
- You’ll have a degree of autonomy and thus must be self-motivated (but with a team orientation), with a flexible and collaborative style, and be deal-focused with a sense of urgency.
Some signs you’re a fit: you like learning about new things, you’re good at quickly synthesizing and extracting information, you are interested in a career as an investor and you care about the quality and direction of education in our country.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Recent B.A or B.S with exceptional academic performance and/or extracurricular achievement.
- Varied work backgrounds welcome, show us you are a hard worker and know how to hustle.
- Impeccable character and work ethic with a genuine streak that people like.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator; you need to be direct, analytical, and concise.
- Intellectual curiosity is an absolute must.
- An entrepreneurial, hungry self-starter who doesn’t mind picking up the phone, working a conference floor, and/or getting on an airplane.
- Extremely driven, with a desire to establish EduLab Capital Partners as a brand name domestically and internationally.
- Compensation will be competitive with industry standards and commensurate with experience.
- Comp to include base salary, bonus, and full benefits package with health care coverage.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- investment: 1 year (Preferred)
If interested, please apply here.