Amazon is seeking a Corporate Development Manager who will play a key role in all parts of generating, managing and executing acquisitions, minority investments and select strategic partnerships across the company. This position will be based in Boston, and there will be a particular emphasis on supporting transactions in the emerging technology sectors. We are seeking an innovative, creative, analytical and strategic thinker. He/she should be passionate about Amazon and the future of our businesses. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams, and thrives in a fast paced setting that is constantly evolving.
Corporate Development is a small, tight-knit team who values authentic, strong willed individuals that think creatively and will proactively seek out opportunities to advance the growth initiatives of Amazon’s businesses. This role is a highly visible position that interacts with Amazon’s most senior leaders frequently. He/she will be required to handle multiple projects across a variety of business categories. The candidate will act as the primary contact in supporting Amazon’s business units and senior leadership by conducting industry research, valuation analyses, due diligence, creation of strategic presentations / recommendations, acquisition term sheets and contract negotiations. Additionally, this role requires a strong ability to build both internal and external relationships with the start-up and venture capital communities.
Key Strategic Objectives
- Identify appropriate opportunities which support Amazon’s strategic priorities through interaction with senior business leaders, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, investment bankers, and organic pipeline generation
- Partner with business units to drive internal thinking on expansion opportunities
- Evaluate the opportunities and risks in potential transactions and lead diligence efforts
- Lead cross-functional teams including Product, Operations, Engineering, Legal, Finance, Tax, Accounting, and senior management to execute transactions from term sheet through integration
- Act as a subject matter expert on valuation and deal structuring
- Negotiate key transaction and legal documents
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience in corporate development, investment banking, private equity or venture investing in technology sectors
- Experience identifying, developing, analyzing and successfully executing M&A transactions
- End-to-end transaction negotiation experience
If interested, please apply here.