Tarsadia Investments (www.tarsadia.com) is a single-family office based in Newport Beach, CA with a permanent capital base of ~$3B. The firm primarily focuses on venture capital, growth equity and the public markets. We have ~20 investment professionals across offices in Newport Beach, CA and New York, NY. We differentiate through domain expertise (health tech & fin tech), our flexible mandate, duration and concentration. The venture & growth team will write checks ranging from $1M – $100M into durable transformative companies from Series Seed to Pre-IPO rounds.
Job Summary and Opportunity
To serve as a thought partner and key member of Tarsadia’s venture & growth investment team. This is role is for a MD / Partner track. The individual will play a critical role in sourcing, evaluating and executing venture and growth equity investment opportunities. The role will encompass thesis development, company outreach, diligence and deal execution. The individual will work directly with the head of the strategy and be given significant responsibility and autonomy with an opportunity to lead deals.
The venture & growth group has generated top quartile returns since inception and is in rapid expansion mode. This is a unique opportunity to join the early phases of a strategy with both a start-up mentality and a robust infrastructure with decades of experience and long history of outperformance. We have ambitions to continue to scale the strategy, while maintaining industry leading performance and ultimately being recognized as a leader in the investing ecosystem.
- Generate concrete investment theses by gathering, organizing, and synthesizing complex information from a wide range of sources
- Identify a universe of target companies that fit within developed theses and desired deal profiles
- Engage in targeted outreach
- Build and leverage network to augment deal flow
- Lead initial management calls and meetings to screen and provide feedback on opportunities
- Lead deal negotiation and execution
- Provide support to existing portfolio companies as necessary
- Solve unstructured problems efficiently with minimal outside guidance
- Always practice the highest levels of professionalism and ethics
- Maintain the highest levels of intellectual honesty and analytic rigor
- Contribute to a positive and supportive office environment and culture
- Maintain an entrepreneurial mindset and demonstrate a willingness to wear multiple hats and do “whatever it takes”
- Develop and mentor more junior team members
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- 4+ years relevant experience across investment banking, consulting, PE, VC and / or start-ups w/ 2+ years investing experience
- Passion for technology, early stage companies and supporting the future
- Exceptional work ethic
- Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines
- Resourceful / entrepreneurial approach to new challenges
- Extremely well-organized and detail-oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Quickly learns, adopts, and maintains new processes
- Anticipates and proactively prevents problems before they happen
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically or internationally as needed
- Knowledge of or experience in healthcare or financial services investing is a plus but not required
There is no doubt we are a motley crew. We require intellectual honesty and encourage debate. While we don’t always agree, we spend whatever time necessary to get to the (right) answer. We work hard, but create environment where it doesn’t seem like hard work. We have a passion for what we do. We are hungry, ambitious and competitive externally. Internally we support one another to the nth degree. We believe innovation will continue to accelerate, change the world and benefit humankind. We have a fundamental desire to support this belief in any way we can.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to learn more. We look forward to hearing from you.