JPMorgan Chase strives to be a catalyst for meaningful, positive and sustainable change in communities across the globe. JPMorgan Chase annually invests more than $300 million to create pathways to opportunity so that individuals have access to the knowledge, skills, resources, and capital they need to secure their futures and compete in the global economy. Our programs seek to address key drivers of economic inequality experienced by vulnerable populations around the globe through four key focus areas: Community Development, Jobs and Skills, Financial Capability, and Small Business. The Firm has also developed innovative Strategic Initiatives such as Women on the Move and Advancing Black Pathways.
The Corporate Responsibility (CR) Department develops goals, policies and initiatives that support the Firm’s business strategies, reflect our values and support the communities where we do business. We believe that financial products, in addition to philanthropy, can serve as a sustainable force for good, generating not only financial return, but also positive social and environmental impact.
To that end, JPMorgan Chase is utilizing proprietary capital to build out a multi-asset impact investing and lending platform to support the Firm’s Philanthropic objectives and Strategic Initiatives. Job Description and Responsibilities:
The team is looking for an experienced investment management professional with experience in equity fund diligence who is eager to leverage their financial acumen to drive social and environmental good.
To date, the Impact Finance team has launched Flexible Loans, a concessionary loan product for financial intermediaries, and JPMorgan Chase Impact Ventures, a direct venture capital strategy. The team is now looking to expand its product capabilities to include equity fund investments. These private fund investments will span multiple sectors (such as Affordable Housing and Sustainability), geographies (both domestic and international), and strategies (such as Real Estate and Venture Capital), with an emphasis on backing diverse fund managers.
The candidate will play a critical role in building out this new capability: formulating strategy for the fund product, navigating internal approval processes, and working across the organization to source, evaluate, and monitor investments.
The candidate will report to the equity investment lead for Impact Finance.
The ideal candidate will be able to manage and execute the following responsibilities:
- Support development and implementation of Equity Fund product for Impact Finance
- Develop materials to articulate product objectives, strategies, and implementation roadmap
- Liaise with senior partners across the organization to ensure seamless integration of investment activities
- Lead execution of New Business Initiative Assessments (where required); obtaining necessary approvals for product implementation
- Drive transaction sourcing, evaluation, and portfolio management
- Serve as relationship manager and primary point of contact with prospective fund managers, and fund managers in the portfolio
- Lead new fund due diligence process including investment due diligence and operational due diligence
- Prepare materials for, and lead presentations to, the Impact Finance Investment Committee
- Lead portfolio management processes, including periodic due diligence, reporting, and valuation updates
- Conduct impact assessments for each investment opportunity, partnering with colleagues in Global Philanthropy
- A demonstrated passion for social enterprise, development finance, and/or environmental work
- 4-6 years of experience in a fund-of-fund investment role, or in an equity fund diligence role
- Experience with Affordable Housing or Venture Capital funds preferred
- Ability to independently formulate business strategy, construct compelling narratives, and present to senior executives
- Comfort leading execution of equity fund investment transactions
- Unequivocal focus on risk-management
- Entrepreneurial spirit and comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to navigate a highly-matrixed organization
- Acts with urgency, initiative, and ownership to drive results
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
If interested, please apply here.