Goodwater is looking for a Vice President to join our growth-stage consumer tech investing team.
Goodwater team members are passionate about empowering the next generation of great consumer tech companies through our expanding investment platform. You will have the opportunity to impact the entire spectrum of our investment process, including:
Investment thesis developmentSourcingDue diligence and primary researchDeal executionPortfolio company support
Please note: this application will close on January 24th, 2021 at 11:59 pm pt; we will not accept applications beyond this time. Our goal is to extend offers to candidates by late March with a TBD start date in Summer 2021.
What makes you a good fit for the Goodwater investment team:
- You love research: Investing is all about seeking the truth and you are self-motivated to find creative and structured methods to uncovering insights that will drive our investment decisions.
- You are entrepreneurial: Similar to our portfolio companies, Goodwater is a fast-growing venture firm and requires team members who are builders and like to get their hands dirty.
- You are service-oriented: Venture capital is fundamentally a service business and we exist to serve and support our portfolio companies.
- You are passionate about consumer technology: 140 character tweets, vertical e-commerce, the “disruption of institutionalized industries” such as healthcare and finance – our team members live and thrive in the world of apps and internet services that impact the day to day lives of consumers. Your passion emanates in conversations with founders and is reflective of our mission.
- You are truth-seeking: We embrace the mantra “strong opinions, loosely held.” Investors who thrive at Goodwater are comfortable pushing back against a (near) consensus decision, and celebrate when their own point-of-view is challenged. Data is likely your favorite currency.
- You embrace investing as a team-sport: You don’t focus on who sources a deal, or who was the first to identify a trend. Instead, you use every opportunity to put your best foot forward as a team and are excited to pitch in whether it’s for a live deal, prep for a board meeting, or synthesizing findings for an LP.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- e.g. 5+ years at a technology company or startup (experience building new consumer tech products, learning about customer needs, and helping to find product-market fit and scale an early business model)
- e.g. 5+ years at an investment firm, such as a hedge fund, private equity and/or venture capital firm (significant exposure to developing investment theses, conducting due diligence, and making investments)
- e.g. 5+ years of consulting or investment banking (level of professional experience involving end-customer research and/or financial modeling)
- The VP role on our Growth team requires an especially rigorous analytical background. Applicants should be genuinely enthusiastic about analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, and must be extremely comfortable working in Excel.
- Very strong written, communication, and public speaking skills. You regularly build strong relationships with entrepreneurs, and can communicate equally well internally.
- MBA or graduate degree strongly preferred
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
If interested, please apply here.