ATAI is a Berlin, New York, and London based biotech company builder leveraging a decentralized, data-driven platform model with the aim of ultimately healing mental health disorders. We are dedicated to bringing innovation to mental healthcare, a field that has seen little progress since the development of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) in the 1980s and 1990s, respectively.
From a drug development perspective, ATAI sees significant potential in 5HT2A agonists, atypical opioids, as well as drugs that act on the glutamatergic and GABAergic systems. In contrast to traditional neuropsychiatric drug development, we cultivate early-stage polypharmacological drugs that impact key mental health biomarkers and have been de-risked, either by anecdotal evidence or off-label clinical use.
We now have eight companies in our portfolio developing innovative solutions in mental healthcare, including COMPASS Pathways (psilocybin for treatment-resistant depression), DemeRx (ibogaine for opioid use disorder), and EntheogeniX (leveraging AI and computational biophysics to develop the next generation of psychedelics).
Employment type: full-time
- A fast-paced environment where you’ll work on a wide range of topics
- To enter a successful career in life sciences
- Be a major contributor to the success of a well-positioned, well-financed, rapidly growing biotech company
- Become part of creating a radically new and impactful paradigm shift in drug development and patient care
- An open, results-driven, and meritocratic start-up culture
- A great office and co-working space in Krausenstraße Berlin Stadtmitte, Mindspace
- To work from where you want when you want, and with the device and equipment you choose
- The opportunity to participate in the company’s success via a share option plan
- Manage the pipeline for potential acquisitions
- Compile detailed industry and company analysis
- Build financial models and valuations
- Prepare key investment outputs e.g. offer letters, heads of terms, investment papers
- Lead due diligence activities
- Support the ongoing integration after the transaction is closed
- Business development activities including identifying potential opportunities
- Degree in Natural/Life Sciences required (Biopharma, Chemistry), an additional degree in economics or management (e.g. MBA), Graduate or higher-level Degree is preferred
- 6-10+ years in the finance industry/M&A and investment (e.g. VC, PE, investment banking or similar) in the Life Science Branch
- 4+ years’ people management experience
- Ability to understand financial statements and build financial models e.g. DCFs
- Ability to build trustworthy relationships to enable an effective work environment
- Very strong project management and organizational skills
- Good knowledge of current affairs, business, and markets
- Interpersonal skills, particularly negotiation
- Able to work across multiple functions and geographies (e.g., US and non-US)
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Effective delegation of responsibility and authority, as needed
- Willingness to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment and to adapt to new situations as they arise
Join us to improve the lives of millions suffering from a real unmet medical need – apply today via the apply button on the right and send us your updated CV, certificates, and references.
Please note that we can only accept applications from candidates with a valid German work permit.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
If interested, please apply here.