UP.Partners is a venture capital firm that partners with bold entrepreneurs building companies to enable a multidimensional future for mobility. We invest in early stage companies at the leading edge of aerospace, mobility, and technology.
UP.Partners is headquartered at the Santa Monica Airport in Los Angeles—the center of aerospace innovation in the 20th century and the hub for mobility innovation in the 21st. We support our global portfolio of companies through the robust UP Community of corporate partners, academic leaders, operating executives and technical advisors. We’re driven to improve quality of life around the world by creating technologies that transform how people and goods move.https://www.linkedin.com/embeds/publishingEmbed.html?articleId=8737693220647412691
We’re seeking to grow our Santa Monica-based team with an additional investment professional. Together with the team, you’ll work to source and evaluate investment opportunities, process and execute investments, and support our portfolio companies. You’ll also help develop industry landscape perspectives on sub-sectors supporting multidimensional mobility and create associated content for internal decision analysis and external thought leadership. Since you’ll be joining a new investment firm, you’ll also have the opportunity to help shape our overall strategy, culture, and process.
Like all members of the UP.Partners team, we’re seeking people who:
- Have passion for our purpose
- Put the interests of our portfolio companies and investors ahead of one’s own
- Are empathetic experts of the startup journey
- Are relentless in their pursuit of our team’s success with a commitment to high-quality, hard work
- Collaborate and take ownership – recognize opportunities and challenges, take them on, and work with the team to achieve. Turn chaos into order
- Are multi-faceted, creative intellectuals with humility and have a thirst for learning
- Are dynamic, quick, iterative, recognize failure and take action to adjust rapidly
- Exercise good judgement and appropriate discretion
For this role, we seek someone who has the following specific attributes:
- Demonstrated success as an associate, analyst, or intern at a high-performing venture capital firm
- Active listener – innate ability to deeply understand explicit and implicit communication and ask appropriate questions at the right time
- Excellent financial/quantitative analysis and modeling ability
- Researcher – you love sourcing information, scouring the internet and learning from people in your network
- Strong corporate / competitive strategy thinker
- Confident (but not obnoxious) communicator
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Able to focus without distraction for long periods of time to perform deep analysis and deliver high-quality investment memos and presentations
- Able to organize and prioritize a large number of tasks
- Strong preference given to people with technical / engineering education & experience, preferably in computer science or related field
If you’re interested in applying and learning more, please click here.