Tusk Venture Partners is a New York City based venture capital firm that invests in early-stage technology startups operating in heavily regulated markets or creating new business models where no regulatory framework currently exists.
Founded in 2016, Tusk Venture Partners remains the first and only venture capital firm positioned at the nexus of technology, politics and regulation. Our portfolio includes some of the most transformative consumer technology companies across sectors that include FinTech, Transportation, and Digital Health.
We recently celebrated our first IPO with Lemonade, a multi-billion dollar acquisition of FanDuel by Flutter Entertainment and are actively investing in new companies across sectors. We are looking to add an exceptional new individual to the investment team and look forward to hearing from you!
About the role:
The TVP investment team is a small group of highly motivated individuals. As an integral member of this team, you’ll be responsible for helping source new opportunities, performing due diligence on potential investments, and supporting the firm’s ongoing operations. You’ll work closely with the Partners and other team members to support the firm and our growing portfolio. Your day to day responsibilities will vary widely and you’ll need to be comfortable managing multiple projects and tasks at once.
As an investor at Tusk, you’ll have the opportunity to work across any number of industries and business models while developing your own skillset and investment ideas. You’ll be expected to identify new areas for the firm to explore and establish subject matter expertise/leadership within them. We value self starters: with the autonomy you are granted, you’ll be expected to create your own swim lane to help drive value for the firm.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a passion for technology and startups, the ability to thrive in an unstructured environment, and the scrappiness to jump into projects and learn on the fly.
You’ll need to perform well under pressure and have the drive to push yourself while always acting with compassion, empathy, maturity, and emotional intelligence.
This is a relationship-driven job and industry, so you’ll be expected to forge new relationships and build your network, no matter its size right now.
This role will initially be remote until it is safe to return to the office at which point the individual will be expected to work from our NYC office.
Compensation will depend on the specific person and their experience, but will certainly be market competitive.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing: Finding companies, tracking founders, taking initial meetings at your own direction.
- Diligence: Evaluating potential investments through financial due diligence, market research and competitive analysis as well as assisting in the preparation of investment memos.
- Portfolio support: You will work alongside the relevant Partners to support our portfolio companies.
- LP support: You will assist in the preparation of fundraising documents and investor updates.
- Thesis building: Each person on the team completes their own research into different interests of theirs. You will be expected to do the same. Coming into the room with expertise on a specific landscape, establishing industry contacts/knowledge relevant to that landscape, and educating the team are important to the professional development of the team as a whole, and to the companies we consider for investment.
- Special projects: You should be willing and ready to collaborate with others on the team toidentify new opportunities for developing things like content, programming and internal tools/resources/products.
- 1–4 years of relevant experience, including but not limited to: venture capital, private equity, investment banking & management consulting (prior investing experience is preferred)
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
- Proficient with Excel and Keynote
- Authentic passion for technology industries and deep respect for entrepreneurship
- A demonstrated interest in the technology and startup community
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment with incomplete data
IF interested, please apply here.