Tech Square Ventures is an Atlanta-based early-stage venture capital firm. We are a team of founders, operators, and investors that partner with visionary entrepreneurs building transformative companies to help them with what they need most – access to markets and customers. Since its inception, Tech Square Ventures has invested in 50 startups and become one of the most active early-stage investors in the Southeast.
Our platform is built on a strategic network of innovation ecosystem, corporate, and university relationships that help founders inform and accelerate go-to-market strategies. Tech Square Ventures invests in enterprise (B2B), marketplace technology, and technology-enabled service companies at the Seed and Series A stages of company development and remain committed partners through the journey of growth and scale. We focus on funding companies located in the Southeast and selectively invest in companies across the U.S.
Through our partnership with Georgia Tech and category-leading corporations, the Engage go-to-market growth program works with startups from all over the country, innovating in the key strategic focus areas of our corporate partners and at the pivotal stage of optimizing their path to scale. The Engage fund, managed by Tech Square Ventures, invests in companies selected for the program.
For more about Tech Square Ventures please visit http://www.techsquareventures.com.
Overview of the Role:
As a member of the investment team, you will be responsible for supporting Engage investment activity including sourcing, screening, diligence, and execution. The role will also be responsible for monitoring portfolio companies, supporting fund administration, and assisting with program and corporate innovation activity.
- Collaborate with the Engage team, corporate partners, and Georgia Tech to translate Insights Engine activity into proactive sourcing of startups
- Develop strong relationships across the Southeast venture ecosystem and co-investor network
- Evaluate and diligence investment opportunities including market research, product reviews, competitive analysis, customer reviews, and technical diligence
- Financial modeling, capitalization table analysis, and investment return modeling
- Prepare investment memorandum, manage due diligence, and manage transaction execution through closing for new and follow on investments
- Structure and negotiate investment terms with prospective Engage companies
- Monitor and assist existing portfolio companies on model building, fundraising, and go-to-market strategy
- Support fund administration activities
- Assist the Engage team with the startup accelerator program, corporate engagement, and community-building activities
- Manage activity from the Tech Square Ventures co-investment network for Engage companies
- The role is based in Atlanta, Georgia
- Experience in a startup/technology company, venture capital, or investment banking preferred
- Intellectually curious and passionate about innovation and technology entrepreneurship
- Knowledgeable about how technology companies operate and scale
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proven financial modeling, analytical, data analysis, and MS Excel skills
- Alignment with Tech Square Ventures core values of Service and Stewardship
- Passionate about the future of the Southeast venture ecosystem
- Self-directed team player with a strong work ethic
- Develops strong points of view, not afraid to question other perspectives, and welcoming of the same
- Exceptional problem solving and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail
Sound interesting? If you want to join us, email your resume and a cover letter to Scott Lopano at “info at techsquareventures.com” with the subject line “Investment Team Opportunity.”
If interested, please apply here.