Reciprocal Ventures is a New York-based early-stage venture capital firm that specializes in FinTech and Cryptocurrency. We’re a small team of former operators and investors obsessed with backing the decentralized networks and systems that will support the Web3 economy. We work with visionary entrepreneurs and uniquely qualified teams innovating across all areas of the cryptocurrency space, and we have invested in top projects like Solana, The Graph, and NuCypher. Reciprocal is a “full-stack” crypto venture firm, meaning we invest in private and public assets at any stage, and actively participate in the networks.
The role’s primary responsibilities can be broken down into four areas:
- Sourcing – proactively identifying new investment opportunities and qualifying inbound leads for the firm by meeting with entrepreneurs.
- Deal Diligence – helping the team evaluate new investment opportunities through market research, product reviews, competitive analysis, metrics analysis, customer/user reviews, and technical diligence.
- Portfolio Support – collaborating with the team to support the Reciprocal portfolio.
- Ecosystem Engagement – being an active contributor to the blockchain/cryptocurrencies community by organizing activities, participating in local events, and looking for ways to help make the Reciprocal team stronger.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Passion for blockchain/cryptocurrencies and a desire to use technology as an enabler and catalyst to change the world.
- A relevant network to help find aspiring entrepreneurs and unearth exciting new startups.
- 1-4 years of relevant work experience in venture capital, investment banking, or a startup/technology business. Native understanding of blockchain technology; technical background with experience reviewing white papers is a plus.
- Strong written and analytical skills for deal analysis and internal reporting.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Our analysts are meeting with entrepreneurs and other members of the startup community on a regular basis.
- An ability to work well within a team and be self-guided on a day-to-day basis.
If interested, please apply here.