Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Venture Expert will partner with the company’s businesses to develop its early stage investment strategy, cultivating targets, executing venture investment and partnerships, monitoring and governing their performance and working with business leaders to establish strategic partnerships with investee companies.
- Perform rigorous investment analysis and financial statement analysis for new venture investment opportunities, including development of valuation models, building pro-forma capitalization tables and waterfall analyses to assess proposed investment and exit transactions.
- Develop strong knowledge and understanding of recent developments in the targeted growth areas, including evolving market needs and potential new business models and disruptive innovation.
- Partner with or lead multidisciplinary teams to assess, diligence, structure, negotiate and close investments and partner with businesses to evaluate and structure strategic collaborations and commercial agreements. Lead and develop high performing deal teams with advanced financial modeling and transaction execution knowledge and general management skills.
- Make investment recommendations and seek approvals from the ventures board based on findings from strategy and fit analysis, due diligence, valuation, negotiations, analysis of key risks and other relevant matters.
- Partner closely with the company’s businesses to identify potential investment opportunities and build relationships with early stage companies in sectors aligned with the company’s strategic priorities.
- Develop and maintain a network of venture capital investors, accelerators, incubators, advisors and other key participants in the venture investing ecosystem to generate relevant intelligence on investment opportunities and best practices on investment strategies.
- Foster relationships with, and monitoring performance of investee companies and drive post-close strategic teamwork between relevant the company business and investee to drive value creation from commercial / product development opportunities.
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Master’s degree or other post-secondary degree
- Strong expertise in early stage investment processes, tools and best practices
- Minimum of at least four years in investment related positions (Venture Capital, Private Equity, Investment Banking)
Open to candidates in Boston, New York, or San Francisco but relocation to Minneapolis preferred.
If interested, please apply here.